RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Attachments

• Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 194
First of all, I knew that I would only be able to run my qual late in the session due to IRL obligations. I checked the thread, and it said 30 minutes, so no problem there, or at least I thought so. Just when I return to do my run I see that we are going to vote to race one. Well that's just jolly. I know that it is a hard situation for you administrators when you don't have the proper rights, but in this case it would maybe have been best to wait until the session had passed. You wouldn't know whether someone was going to log on to the server late, would you? I was just lucky who got to participate in the race at all. Mistakes happen, but please try to stick to the timetable. :)

Also, I do get why Ethan is feeling upset and I think that this "public outrage" against him is a bit weird. The session was cut short, so he couldn't rejoin, despite the fact that he should have been able due according to the time table (it was discovered during warm-up i.e. the time that were supposed to be qualifying). I can only guess here, but I don't think that it has so much to do with "RD not revolving around him" or not liking or "respecting" RD as much as that the timetable was rearranged with no notice and so on. Yes, things do happen, but you've also got to let people vent their thoughts about it and not just say "well, if you don't like it, go somewhere else" because that's not what it's about. I can honestly say that I thought that this event was a complete shambles and that I was a bit upset about not getting to qualify. No disrespect to the admins as RD's events are usually really well-organized, but this one just wasn't.

So, race one. Started 23th. I was up to 19th by the first corner and 15th by the end of lap one. I basically pushed like a mad man and was seventh, catching P5 and P6 when my steering wheel froze, I couldn't steer, I hit a wall, DNF.

In race two I again started at the back. Didn't manage such a good start this time although I still made up a lot of positions. I was P10 or something like that when I was hit straight up the back at the last corner, sending me way in to the gravel, dropping me back down to 15th. Managed to get back up to eighth or someone. I don't really know. All of this was just a mess.

Hoping for a good race at the next event. See you there! :)

My Race report....blah

Q'd well in the top 4 but the Egg is just a handful..........Should have taken the vette

Race: I get a good start and have the 4 way battle with Dragos (sort of) Yves and Sam. I am running P4 right with Sam when we hit Indy and I go off and stuff it hard. PIt and repair the car and resume. Bend up the car exiting Mulsanne and pit again.

I lose it 2 la[s later coming off thejump too Mulsanne and bend it up again. I destroy the car at Indy and the race is done.....

LEsson #1....the Egg is very very fast but I could not get it to stop wandering al lover the track no matter what toe / camber settings I used...Its a really fast POS in my book.

Lesson #2: ask yourself why do you want to chase a car for 60 minutes at WARP speeds and think you won't run out of talent.............LOL

I could kick myself. On lap 11 I brought up my pit menu and as I was making my selection I ran straight on into the wall. Doh! Crashed out of the lead with a good 11 second lead over Yves. I had this one in the bag for sure and blew it. Oh well, guess that's what I get for taking the double yesterday.

Great race guys!!

Started at the back of the pack and managed to hold it together to charge to the front. 6th, then 7th, then 6th, then 5th, then third. Pitted and lost two spots, then got them back and held third to the checkered flag. From the back of the pack to third spot on the podium. It wasn't easy. This track is definitely a hand full. There's a reason they reconfigured it to what it is now....

Weren't there 16 cars at the start? Where did ten of them go? I can't imagine that ten cars wrecked at this race. Where did everyone go??

I get a D-sync / drop connection at the end of quali going into warm-up, and nothing happens. Nobody seems to care. Such a great and caring community, not stuck up and self-centered at all . :no: Coupled with the fact that this night seemed un-organised with Bjorn not having proper rights on the server, Dave, if you set something up like this, then you fulfil your commitment or get things sorted before the event.

I've seen that in other events "If someone drops connection before the race, we will wait until they rejoin to start. When they do rejoin, everyone will stay in their garages, while the person in question drives backwards i the pits untill he/she is disqualified, then that person will start at the back."

Such a shame, I shouls be racing RIGHT NOW! And the first race was looking so promising, qualifying next to some mates, looking forward to two go races.

Bluring the lines between Real and Virtual motorsports, more like acting like the FIA and Formula 1 stewards with consistency.

I'm sorry you did not get to race Ethan, but it is very rare that an event reforms up for a dropped connection, especially if you're not on TS to let them know what has happened. One-off enduro events reform up if there is a dropped connection and occasionally US events do also, but again that is to do with TS.

Disconnections are one of the hazards of online gaming - but it is hardly anyone at RD's fault now is it? 'Community is stuck-up and self-centred, not great or caring' - just remember that YOU make up the community and posts like these aren't exactly helpful, stuck-up or caring.

I understand your frustration but in future I'd let your anger subside before looking for scapegoats. If Dave only set up events he could attend you wouldn't have half as many events and then you would be in an even worse situation and still complaining.

Yes, the qualifying was set up wrong and I'm sure Dave apologises for that, that is annoying and should not happen, but to give Bjorn a hard time too is out of order - this event has nothing to do with him, he was there tonight trying to relax and have fun the same as you guys.

All the staff do this for free and we all have our own, often busy, lives to lead also.

Thanks for allowing me to join guys. I binned the car on the first, second, fourth, each with a pitstop to repair or replace bits, and (FINALLY) killed it about 30mins into the race.

See, now this is what happens when I stay at home with the flu and try to do a race on a track that I have never run...

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back