Interesting Teaser From Studio 397 (rFactor 2)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 4 player split screen tease...2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy throwing out a cheeky teaser for rFactor 2...

The tweet, released onto social media earlier today, is certainly an interesting one... suggesting that maybe rFactor 2 could be up for a new feature change... four player split-screen multiplayer!

rF2 4 player split screen tease....jpg

What do you think it means?

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

No it does not.

It has been dropping at increasing rate since April, with a little growth (5players) in June. Perhaps stabilized just now, probably thanks to Worlds Fastest Gamer 2.

Comparing to March there are ~20% active players less.

A true rolercoaster comparing to the rest of the year. Which shows that players are there, but they just have this sim on hold for the moment. And released content doesn't have the power to keep us, but it will be more important once there are significant game improvements, not even talking about UI+Competition system which should result in crazy peak, perhaps it will be an all time peak for rF2, and hopefully will not plunge down.

2H8CzHT.png

Well, in Europe the rFactor2 league activity falls a lot due to holidays or excessive extra work in summer, specially when rF2 fanbase is more "adult"... i speak for myself, i don't race in summer!

The ACC activity grew up because it's school holidays and kids are playing it more in the summer!

From middle September on you can check those graphics again...

Well, in Europe the rFactor2 league activity falls a lot due to holidays or excessive extra work in summer, specially when rF2 fanbase is more "adult"... i speak for myself, i don't race in summer!

The ACC activity grew up because it's school holidays and kids are playing it more in the summer!

I always hated hosting leagues during these months lol, whatever league you do host them from October (if sunday nights Euro time, watch for US, Mexico and Brazil F1 GPs, avoid them like the plague) till mid June of the next year

Next to the fact that we had between 30 to over 40 degree the last few weeks and it's freakin festival time. Best time to sit in front of a PC and wrestle around some virtual cars to produce some a$$ water :D

Could be that, but when looking at the stats for other titles like Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2, the two most played racing sims on steam, whose player base seems to be increasing, makes your seasonal comparison questionable, those two title don't seem to be affected by seasonal or term time holiday drop in active users, and this rFactor 2 user base is more "Adult" is just a wishful thinking excuse, friend's that I have that play rFactor 2, assetto corsa and project CARS2 are all adults not kids, your little dig at ACC I suppose, very worrying outlook for rFactor 2 and it seems nothing they add to the sim increases the "In game" user count, Race Room is the same low player count regardless, I have been monitoring them since the release of ACC so it's not just a seasonal thing.

Too sum everything up.
The end of August into the first few days of September will see several announcements from S397 at the Sim Racing expo. These will be focused on new content, most likely cars. This should be a good thing, but is being seen as a bad thing since other things are not being addressed yet. The Nords track will be released, most will hail it as a masterpiece but some will call it a failure if it doesn't allow 160 cars and others will not approve of some artistic aspect.
The number of users will or won't change, but the base will mostly purchase the new DLCs, although with some grumbling about the price.
and ...... at least one person will complaign that he bought a lifetime license 8 years ago and why is he being forced to pay more now.

Could be that, but when looking at the stats for other titles like Assetto Corsa and Project CARS 2, the two most played racing sims on steam, whose player base seems to be increasing, makes your seasonal comparison questionable, those two title don't seem to be affected by seasonal or term time holiday drop in active users, and this rFactor 2 user base is more "Adult" is just a wishful thinking excuse, friend's that I have that play rFactor 2, assetto corsa and project CARS2 are all adults not kids, your little dig at ACC I suppose, very worrying outlook for rFactor 2 and it seems nothing they add to the sim increases the "In game" user count, Race Room is the same low player count regardless, I have been monitoring them since the release of ACC so it's not just a seasonal thing.
finally it doesn't take you much to be happy! a drop in rf2 players and and you dance on a cloud!!! your a good life!! :roflmao:

This should be a good thing, but is being seen as a bad thing since other things are not being addressed yet.
I absolutely see it as a brilliant thing, that rF2 gets more and more high quality content! They should announce it directly in my opinion, without much teasing, though, to get more anticipation for the things to come and less joking about the long awaited UI for example. :geek: But i forgot the fact, that Sim Racing Expo is soon, to be honest, so i see, what the teasing is pointing at. :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back