Interesting Teaser From Studio 397 (rFactor 2)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 4 player split screen tease...2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy throwing out a cheeky teaser for rFactor 2...

The tweet, released onto social media earlier today, is certainly an interesting one... suggesting that maybe rFactor 2 could be up for a new feature change... four player split-screen multiplayer!

rF2 4 player split screen tease....jpg

What do you think it means?

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Rf2 steam popularity growing!

No it does not.

It has been dropping at increasing rate since April, with a little growth (5players) in June. Perhaps stabilized just now, probably thanks to Worlds Fastest Gamer 2.

Comparing to March there are ~20% active players less.

A true rolercoaster comparing to the rest of the year. Which shows that players are there, but they just have this sim on hold for the moment. And released content doesn't have the power to keep us, but it will be more important once there are significant game improvements, not even talking about UI+Competition system which should result in crazy peak, perhaps it will be an all time peak for rF2, and hopefully will not plunge down.

2H8CzHT.png

Last edited:
No it does not.

It has been dropping at increasing rate since April, with a little growth (5players) in June. Perhaps stabilized just now, probably thanks to Worlds Fastest Gamer 2.

Comparing to March there are ~20% active players less.

A true rolercoaster comparing to the rest of the year. Which shows that players are there, but they just have this sim on hold for the moment. And released content doesn't have the power to keep us, but it will be more important once there are significant game improvements, not even talking about UI+Competition system which should result in crazy peak, perhaps it will be an all time peak for rF2, and hopefully will not plunge down.

2H8CzHT.png

Glad I'm not the only one who has been monitoring this & notice the very rapid decline in rFactor 2 user base, what's even more worrying is the rFactor 2 USA user base, seem to be even lower than those compared to Europe.
ACC user base is increasing, it was neck and neck with rFactor 2 for a couple of weeks, but as now overtaken it.

This is over a period of Time comparing the two, over various times of the Day and Night, both EU and US time zones.
So the question is, as rFactor 2 lost its US user base, since Marcel & Studio 397 (European developers), took over the development of rFactor 2. ISI when developing rFactor 2 focused on US content, ie Oval, since Studio 397 took over they have focused on content that ever other sim have. In America it seems there is no other sim out there to challenge iracing.

Here are couple more ideas. Everybody knows the four elements. Earth, water, fire, and wind. So wind... maybe trading cards? Then you have the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Conquer, war, famine, death. Maybe rf2 is also moving to ue4? Or maybe it is laser scanned version of Dirk Nowitzki, the fourth player in NBA history to play 1,500 games?

Apologies if I got it wrong. I couldn't find the original quote, but that was how I remembered it . Perhaps you have the original quote?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-the-big-interview-part-4.170419/

RD: Final one from me, and the usual way I end these Q&A sessions.. Any other topics we’ve not covered you wish to discuss? Also, can you share with us something new that we don’t already know? Some kind of exclusive for our readers?

MO: I don’t think we missed anything major in the questions above, to be honest. In terms of an “exclusive” let me give you a hint on three cars coming “soon” (this year). All three of them are from manufacturers that we already have in-game, and none of those are from the same class as the ones we already have.

Here are couple more ideas. Everybody knows the four elements. Earth, water, fire, and wind. So wind... maybe trading cards? Then you have the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Conquer, war, famine, death. Maybe rf2 is also moving to ue4? Or maybe it is laser scanned version of Dirk Nowitzki, the fourth player in NBA history to play 1,500 games?

I think it is obviously going to be winter simulation, 4th season of the year. Imagine the joy of racing all those modern high downforce cars with glue slick tires on snow.

Then you have the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Conquer, war, famine, death.
Gotta be it, but then i actually remembered there's a version where fourth horseman is actually Jesus himself. Studio 397 is going to turn rf2 into missionary machine

The fourth will bring you
He is grander than the other three
He will bring you love and faith
And love and faith, hope for you he has
Will bring you the sun and the stars
He is grander than the other three

Sun and stars promises better renderer, shaders and night time. There will be no minimap after all, we will navigate by stars

The Mclaren Senna fits that description, (current manufacturer, different class) but has already been announced. So we next look at Aston Martin, they have a GT3 but the GTE would be in a different class than currently available. Add to that the online league posting about using the GTE endurance pack with 'an unknown GTE'
S397 does not have the Ferrari license so it can't be the 488. They have not included any Lamborghini cars yet so the Hurracan is out. We'd best get used to Grellow and Niki Thiim's Astons.

The Mclaren Senna fits that description, (current manufacturer, different class) but has already been announced. So we next look at Aston Martin, they have a GT3 but the GTE would be in a different class than currently available. Add to that the online league posting about using the GTE endurance pack with 'an unknown GTE'
S397 does not have the Ferrari license so it can't be the 488. They have not included any Lamborghini cars yet so the Hurracan is out. We'd best get used to Grellow and Niki Thiim's Astons.
Recent road map talked about a Porsche competition, the 3rd car is either a Cup or Cayman GT4

It's almost certainly the Aston GTE. Marcel said some time ago that 3 new cars would be coming to the title, each of which would be from a marquee that's in the sim, but a new addition to an existing class. The Aston GTE, would be a 4th (player) in the GTE class, and it is a manufacturer that is already in the title.

A dramatic teaser like that for a single car? That would be a bit silly.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%