rF2 Interested in a GT Club and League Program?

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I am in discussion with some core members of the RD Club and League Community regarding a GT program.
We had some awesome races here with GTs I want to see if we can re kindle that feeling of 30 plus cars on the grid. It depends on you

Overview
The plan is to run a shorter (45 mins) "friendly" race during the week. Then a longer 90 min League Race on the weekend.
Probably on a 2 week cycle.
Every 6 or so weeks we will run a 1000 km Endurance race.
The calendar will avoid FSR and Presto race committments.

Cars?
To be decided but probably from..
BES GT3
ISI GT
URD

Tracks
To be discussed but probably include..
Spa
Suzuka
Silverstone
Interlagos
Mt Panorama
EDIT: Nordschliefe 24 (of course since its epic)

Setups
BES 1.6 911 GT3 (Spa)
Livestream We will ask our buddies at RD media team to facilitate this.

Skins:
am happy to skin a few cars for people if they have a design in mind for their enjoyment and use in this league.

The purpose of this post is to see if sufficient interest exists to get this off the ground.
Thanks

Attachments

• 911GT3BES 1pt6 SPA test.svm
    4 KB · Views: 256
  • 911GT3BES 1pt6 SPA test.svm
    4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
I'm interested in this, but keep in mind that a lot of people thay play rF2 and like endurance are driving the VEC. If there's a way to not interfere too much I think the numbers will be much higher.

Hi guys, I haven't been around for awhile and have done zero racing for ages but I can feel I'm getting an itchy throttle foot and this looks like a good way to ease myself back in again, I will keep an eye on the thread.

you forgot the Apex GT3 cars. They'll release an update very shortly with an extra car. ;)
No Gijs it was deliberate.
My previous experience with the Apex cars was not impressive. Espescially the 911 which on throttle handled like an aircraft carrier.
The BES was MUCH better.
However I hear thay have updated them. I am involved in another league which is using them. I'll test and keep an open mind.

I did do a short test today at Spa. The BES still gets my personal vote as the nicer car.
Still I'll keep an open mind.

I'm very likely in if this happens. I'm not racing in VEC the coming season and I'm looking for some GT racing I can do on my own. URD and ISI GT I know and am up for. I think I never got around to test BES.

Edit: Gonna test it out.

Last edited:
I have seen in the post of the GT3 Club the download to the sounds of BES, the most current version of the mod has separate cars but with sound and talent files included (full standalone):
BMW Z4 GT3 v1.53
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 v1.53
Mercedes AMG SLS GT3 v1.52
Porsche 997 GT-R v1.60
Ferrari F458 v1.60
Nissan Nismo GT3 v1.51
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 1.60
Ferrari F430 GT3 1.60
Audi R8 Ultra 1.61

Maybe it's something to consider for testing.
If someone needs the links I can post it later.
Cheers.

I have seen in the post of the GT3 Club the download to the sounds of BES, the most current version of the mod has separate cars but with sound and talent files included (full standalone):
BMW Z4 GT3 v1.53
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 v1.53
Mercedes AMG SLS GT3 v1.52
Porsche 997 GT-R v1.60
Ferrari F458 v1.60
Nissan Nismo GT3 v1.51
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 1.60
Ferrari F430 GT3 1.60
Audi R8 Ultra 1.61

Maybe it's something to consider for testing.
If someone needs the links I can post it later.
Cheers.
Yes the links would be great. I only have the V1.6 Porsche and the rest I have are V1.0.

I struggled a little with the V 1.6 Porsche under brakes. I then realised its braking torque was greater at the rear and was able to move bias and lower pedal force. Then with some suspension changes (it doesnt need as an xtreme damper setting to get the rear stuck down as the V 1.0) its driving beautifully.
It was that good that I spent an evening racing AI at Spa in a 90 minute race.

I'll post a set when I'm on my gaming PC.

I would be interested in some endurance style events as I would love to try and compete in the vec but I haven't got the courage to try and enter. The bathurst race in that video was awesome and fun (shame that I hit an invisible wall at the top of the mountain causing me to pit for 5 mins or so) buy some thing like that with hopefully large grids and I am in

Hi folks,
Yes this would interest me greatly.. :) I have absolutely no experience with RF2 online, and not much offline tbh, but i'm a very committed "simmer" who lives, breathes, eats and sleeps motor racing... I'm making RF2 my new sim of choice (alongside RRE), so i'll be diligently running lots of solo practice in the coming days and weeks. My plan is to get RF2 running well, sort out my wheel settings (CSWv2) and learn / scrounge / download a decent setup or two ready to ease myself in slowly to the club race scene... very excited!

So in short, this sounds fabulous, and I'll be well up for it, but i'll take a while until i can actually participate fully. :)

See you on track soon(ish)!
Paul

Hi all,
I know the proposed tracks are exactly that, proposed and not final, but could someone please post the links to the versions you are thinking of running? Want to make sure i get practice in with the right one!
Thank you;)
EDIT: I assume Silverstone and Interlagos are the ISI versions...

Hi folks,
Yes this would interest me greatly.. :) I have absolutely no experience with RF2 online, and not much offline tbh, but i'm a very committed "simmer" who lives, breathes, eats and sleeps motor racing... I'm making RF2 my new sim of choice (alongside RRE), so i'll be diligently running lots of solo practice in the coming days and weeks. My plan is to get RF2 running well, sort out my wheel settings (CSWv2) and learn / scrounge / download a decent setup or two ready to ease myself in slowly to the club race scene... very excited!

So in short, this sounds fabulous, and I'll be well up for it, but i'll take a while until i can actually participate fully. :)

See you on track soon(ish)!
Paul
Paul,
Welcome. I also have the CSW V2 so can happily send you my controller JSON.
There will be lots of set ups supplied. I added one to the OP.

Hi @David O'Reilly - many thanks for the welcome! Yes, any support with the wheel setup you can offer would be much appreciated :) I've got a decent feeling with it at the moment, but i know its got lots of room for improvement for sure.
Managed to get the FPS running nice these last couple of days, so that's a big thing i'm happy about (I know its a well traveled conversation but isn't it surprising how low the framerates seem at relevantly low graphical settings compared to the other big hitters?).
I've downloaded the cars for BES (already own the URD one;s) and the Porsche setup on the OP so looking to get plenty of laps in in the next few days or so.. biggest thing i need to 'overcome' now is to test on the right tracks! Could you point me in the direction of the appropriate versions please?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks again!
Paul

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years