F1 2021 Interest in altered physics?

F1 2021 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

Since I played rF2 (and rF1 before that) for a long long time and was 90% of the time "modding", I tried to alter this game.
My "thing" was car physics and now I'm just trying out what does what, what can be done and so on.
Call me weird, but "just racing is boring" ;) I have to fiddle with files.

Anyway, I took one car for now and been busy. Things I did- or tried were for instance:
- better ffb round the center
- better response mid/low speed corners for steering
- drs flap opens faster
- drs opens more (I think like it should, not that little bit the game does)
- bit more engine braking
- visual camber (in- and outside)
- nice rake on the Red Bull

The rest I can't remember, but the car feels totally different for me now and "better to point".

It is just an .erp file as I can't get a hold of the guy making the Modular Mods but hey, its pretty easy to swap right?

Now my question is; would there be interest in it, to try out?
If so, I can upload but if not; I don't want to pollute the download section.

P.S.
In the pictures, work is not fully done yet, but you can get an idea of the rake and camber.

Attachments

• 5CB3C6BE28334112460DA13BAF005BCC362DE27E.jpeg
    5CB3C6BE28334112460DA13BAF005BCC362DE27E.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 48
  • F90F56F2A93AD559EDAA10E3948DF6844D7E10AA.jpeg
    F90F56F2A93AD559EDAA10E3948DF6844D7E10AA.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 50
Hi! I would be glad to test. So is it more a visual thing, beside the FFB modification?
I am also a lot into modding and I have been experimenting many things about grip, dirty air and damage, so things that reflect into performance rather than physics. I would be glad to try your ERP file and it is very easy to swap it, also using ModularMods. In example if you did such modification on a Red Bull I would export the VTF file from your ERP and import it in the ModularMods ERP f1 performances template. Please send me your file so I can try!

Thanks for your response.
The visual is not the main thing; physics the most, then FFB and then visual.
I will send it to you, but please let me smoothen it out a bit more.
No use in sending you half-ass work what you may not like.
Give me one or two days.

Edit; I'm looking to alter the shift lights too, making them light up at a higher rpm.
I asked where to look for that, but no one replied; maybe few people read that, so I repeat it here.
If someone knows; please inform me!

Last edited:
Barely anyone around here knows more than just doing visuals. Especially things regarding OSD, like the damn revs (oh I hate them, adjusting steering wheel revs to different engines does not reflect in the OSD revs).
So, don't expect deep answers to deep questions usually.

last year I came across a physics xml file, but since I never managed to make xml files load away from the game.dat it was to no use

Thanks for your response!
So, that would be tucked in the dat file?
Already found a bin file where I was hoping to find it, but could not open it.
Just for the steering wheel is not doable?

Just for steering wheel is doable, I did not mess with that alltoolong. I think @Geckarbor5LP went deeper into that territory for the F1 2020 2003 Season, where the revs where higher than the original LED sequence.
Not sure if he fixed that in the end but he changed the overall handling of the cars seriously deep.

But yeah, the game.dat file contains many files that would be very interesting to edit. Unfortunately, we can only extract most of those but if it is not .erp I cannot make it load from a modded space.

Ah, thats good news! Do you remember how you did that? ;)
I will send Geckarbor5LP a message.
Its no fun; stuck on that for days now.

If I understand correctly; a .dat file is not a "repack able" thing; read only lets say?

My goal is to try stuff -physics- out and see what it brings and then try to make some nice mods.
A lot of mods are visual and I want to do some physics things but if there is an obstacle like the shift lights, its no use.
Altering a car is doable, but the stuff around it has to work too :)

Thanks for your response.
The visual is not the main thing; physics the most, then FFB and then visual.
I will send it to you, but please let me smoothen it out a bit more.
No use in sending you half-ass work what you may not like.
Give me one or two days.

Edit; I'm looking to alter the shift lights too, making them light up at a higher rpm.
I asked where to look for that, but no one replied; maybe few people read that, so I repeat it here.
If someone knows; please inform me!
Hello can i try this mod i am very interested and i like this idea the most things every driver wants is better and realistic battles slipstream more agressive ai and more engine faults ❤️❤️

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%