Intel Core 2 Duo Problem

G

Gerry Kalynuik

• Gerry Kalynuik

Hey all

I just installed a new Core 2 Duo E4600 in my M/B to replace my junk Celeron 360D. When I open my CPU-Z window I noticed now I have core voltage spikes from 1.152V to 1.2V and my core speed spikes from 1200mhz to 2400mhz.
When my son & myself play Shift everything works great compaired to the old Celeron 360D. And even the core temps stay at 38C at idle and get no warmer than 47C playing shift with everything set to max.
And you don't see any difference in speed while playing games( like the speed of the game slowing down & speeding up).
I used the proper anti-static equipment(gloves & static strap) to install the new processor with new thermal grease.
I also have the power options (always on) and the Intelstep in my bios enabled.
Does anyone know whats going on? Or did we just purchase a bummer CPU?
I contacted Intel but being the weekend helpline is closed.
I would be grateful for any input to help correct this problem.
:confused2:

Hey all

When I open my CPU-Z window I noticed now I have core voltage spikes from 1.152V to 1.2V and my core speed spikes from 1200mhz to 2400mhz.

That's speed stepping. When your not doing anything CPU intensive the CPU will power down it's voltage / multi and save power while it's not in heavy use.

I have a E4500 (One Below yours) but need it of for overclocking needs (Got it running at 3200Mhz 1.36v right now) If your not overclocking then it's cool with it on, but if you wan't it of just go to bios and turn off.

• Gerry Kalynuik

Thx Damian for the input.
I'm new to Core 2's so I was worried that there was a problem.
Thx again.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years