installing tracks the manual way?

I downloaded SS Dolmen, but it was not in RX Content format (drag and drop) plugin.

I have a list of track-755_M with other letters. There is no readme, but other txt files to replace. How on earth do I do it this way?

There is tracks.txt and tracksetting.txt

I don't get WHY there's no readme.

Does this replace in game tracks, or in a seperate menu etc?

Dolmen is a classic format stage, so it goes to \Maps. What is your current setup as in do you have RSRBR/RBRTM/copy of vanilla or something else?

RBRTM would be ideal platform (I assume you don't have it), new stages often get added to online events so quickly - with user-friendly installers - that you may not even have to learn what I'm about to tell you. You'd have the separate menu and you wouldn't be replacing the original stages. Like this: https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AB4AQqt9...IS9oIZqkk-4bTNNbT9qyQCLcB/s1600/shakedown.png

RSRBR has its own testing module for classic format stages and while it's better than nothing, it's not ideal by any means. Basically, to use Dolmen as an example, it as a gravel stage would replace an original RBR gravel stage, and if you're lucky, it would actually work on this predetermined slot (this is not a certainty). And because this workaround dismisses the stage's own tracksettings, what you'll see may not be at all how the stage maker intended it.

But let's wrap this up already. I expect tracks.txt to have these lines:

[Map755]
TrackName = "Maps\track-755"
Particles = "Maps\ps_british"
StageName = "Dolmen"
Surface = 1
Length = 13.38
SplashScreen="Textures\Splash\DolmenSplashScreen.dds"

You just copy these lines to the end of your \Maps\Tracks.ini. And tracksetting.txt has another set of lines that you copy to the end of your \Maps\TrackSettings.ini. Simple as that. The pack obviously has that loading screen dds too which - if you had RBRTM that supports custom loading screens - would go to \Textures\Splash.

If you wanted to temporarily replace an original stage, you'd just open Tracks.ini, edit [Map755] to something like [Map20] (to replace Harwood Forest), and scroll up to the original [Map20] entry and change it to [Map]. If the game crashes, try another slot. Use this as a guide: https://www.dropbox.com/s/idpf9o751n1oto4/RBR-stage-numbers.txt?dl=0

Good luck.

How does one access the tracks once installed? I have RBR 2016 and would like to add more tracks. I have added a few through the RX Content format and they work fine. I have tried to add tracks this way but am unable to access them in game. Is there a special plugin that I need?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%