Installation

Greetings to all :)Just picked up a copy of RBR.
I have been told to install RBR into PC path as C/Richard Burns Rally because of the administrator stuff. I am a pc noob. I have it set up my pc to where anyone can access/ run my PC w/o having to have admin priv. Its just automatic. no security hoops.
With that said, is it ok to let it install it in the default location, Program files x86? I plan on installing the big add on....RSRB 2012 later. That should be really interesting. :rolleyes:
When I put the disc in it asked me if it could install in this path.....C/...Sci games/Richard Burns Rally. I thought that looked right except it had the Sci games (something close to that..memory bad) I clicked Ok and then it showed the green loading bar with it installing in Program files(x86). I aborted. It gave me the Browse option of where to install but like I said, it looked right...almost. No mention of (x86) I will be trying again, so should I click "Browse" and have it exactly......C/Richard Burns Rally? After I select "Browse" can I just clear the space and type that in, or will it come up that way? Is that the correct path........... C/Richard Burns Rally?
Sorry, I am such a Pc noob and am probably complicating everthing. Thanks a lot.

Hi Zebrawire,
Which version of Windows are you using?
If it is Win 7 or Win Vista, then it is strongly advised not to install it to the default path of C:\Program Files\............
It will most likely cause problems with RSRBR2012 if you want to use it.
If you have Win XP, then it wont be a problem.

The best way to install it outside of Program Files is as you have described.
"After I select "Browse" can I just clear the space and type that in,"

That way is safe, but make sure it is C:\Richard Burns Rally (you were leaving out the colon ( : ) and had forward slash ( / ) instead of backslash ( \ ) in the above post.
After you install to that location, any installation or Update files from RSRBR2012 will find the correct location automatically.

Hope that is clear, if not just ask. :)

You are a great help! W7, BTW.
Do you know if that exact option path will come up when selecting browse? Thanks a bunch. I blame my pc noobness, lol, on being an old guy that never used a computer up until a couple years ago, and too much partying for a few decades has impaired the memory. Yea....decades. :confused:
Thanks for all your help.

Do you know if that exact option path will come up when selecting browse?

No I don't think so. It will probably come up with something like C:\Program Files x86\SCI Games\Richard Burns Rally. An easy way then is to just click after the C:\ bit, and delete each character until you end up with C:\Richard Burns Rally.
That's how I usually do it.

I blame my pc noobness, lol, on being an old guy
Don't worry, I'll bet you are not as old as me. :D
My wife is always asking me why I keep racing on-line with these fast kids, not sure why myself actually. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%