Instable FPS after installing sol and csp

Hi, this might be a question dropped here often but I would much appreciate it if someone could help me with this.
I have installed the latest SOL version (2.0.2) and run CSP 0.1.72
My FPS usually sticks around 120 but has sudden drops to 30 or lower even. Causing the game to stutter a lot.
It didnt do this without the mods and the game would run smoothly. I have tried different csp versions but there seems to be little difference in performance. I turned G-sync off aswell as I read that it could lead to fps drops sometimes.
I run a 5950x with a RTX 3080.
Does anybody else had this problem? Everybody seems so enthusiastic about SOL and I must say it looks great except the instable FPS kind of ruins the fun.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Yep, I do when I used Sol a few times so I have removed it now and with regards to content CSP I've stuck to version 1.46 as later ones give me stutter also. Getting a great PP filter and upgraded/or skins for tracks can give you a big visual upgrade alongside CSP. But yep same issue and im sticking with the CSP I have

I don't think the problem is coming from CSP. And CSP 1.72 is giving quite a boost in FPS (in the order of 10% perhaps) - many others report better FPS too. I suggest you stick with CSP 1.72 and look at settings in SOL Config, and use weather with few or no clouds. Or use an older SOL maybe

I don't think the problem is coming from CSP. And CSP 1.72 is giving quite a boost in FPS (in the order of 10% perhaps) - many others report better FPS too. I suggest you stick with CSP 1.72 and look at settings in SOL Config, and use weather with few or no clouds. Or use an older SOL maybe
I’ll try to fiddle around with settings in SOL a bit more. The average fps is fine and well above hundred it’s just these sudden drops that make it annoying. If I find a solution I’ll post it here.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%