Inspiration

Valter Ostman

PrestoGP Veteran
The young Swede Markus Ericsson is a talanted GP2 driver, he is the great hope for starved Swedish F1 fans. I'd love to see him in F1 soon.
Since the GP2 season finished Marcus have tested 6 days with 5 different teams, in 2 different categories. And he has been top 5 in every test. P1 in the Dams GP2 car.

GP2 cars,
Trident
Coloni
Dams

World Series by Renault cars, 3.5 teams,
P1 Motorsport
Tech 1 Racing

Fan page,
http://www.facebook.com/MarcusEricssonFanClub

I have met him a couple of times but I'm not familiar to him. I doubt that he remember me from those brief moments he was showing us around the ISport garage. It will be hard to make him understand what the question is about and who's asking :laugh:
And do you think he's got the RD racing license, Race 07 game and MMG mod? We can't just let anyone in, only competent F1 simracers ;)

I've been following Marcus for a number of years now. Pretty fast guy but he hasn't really managed to be among the absolute top in GP2 and challenge for the championship. But the form he has been in lately is promising. Hopefully he can make a stab at the title next season in a top team. It would be awesome to have a swede in F1!

2566062702.jpg

Now I feel the need to mention Norways big hope: Dennis Olsen

He got picked up in January for "Red Bull Racing Simulator Development Programme", one of seven total employed in this programme.

He has been racing in Gocart for the last years and won a bunch of the races.
Only 16 years old and a name for the future.

It makes me envious that we Swedes don't have our own race and we have to subscribe to an expensive cable channel to follow F1. In the old days our equivalent to the BBC broadcasted the races.
Britain's young GP2 drivers, Max Chilton, Jolyon Palmer and James Calado are probably more lightly to get a race seat in F1 than an evenly skilled Swedish guy. F1 is a super commercial business and the media coverage fell down to bottom for Swedish formula racing after -78 when Ronnie so tragically died. In the -80's we had Stefan Johansson, and Swedish media showed an almost lukewarm interest in our Ferrari and McLaren driving man, he is more well known in the nations that are hosting F1 I think. Nowadays the F1 drivers that many cheer on are our Finnish neighbours Kimi and Heikki, originating from the other side of the Gulf of Bothnia. I hope Swedish main stream media will show more interest in F1, GP2 and formula racing in general for 2013 since Marcus showed such an excellent form the last few races and dominated in the recent tests.

Same issue here in Norway with the expensive subscription - but the last few races I changed to Viaplay, the netbased solution. Just half the price of what I had to pay for the Broadcast on TV.
This gets me the opportunity to have the swedish commentators wo are 200% better han the Norwegian ones - also get Onboard view and pitlane footage option.
Can really recommend it if you have at least 3Mbit connection so you get HD coverage. (which you probably have since you live in scandinavia).

Would have been great to have a race in Sweden though, cross my fingers for some time in the future. Could bring my yearly spendage of attending races tenfold :)

Same issue here in Norway with the expensive subscription - but the last few races I changed to Viaplay, the netbased solution. Just half the price of what I had to pay for the Broadcast on TV.
This gets me the opportunity to have the swedish commentators wo are 200% better han the Norwegian ones - also get Onboard view and pitlane footage option.
Can really recommend it if you have at least 3Mbit connection so you get HD coverage. (which you probably have since you live in scandinavia).

Would have been great to have a race in Sweden though, cross my fingers for some time in the future. Could bring my yearly spendage of attending races tenfold :)
I have Viasat Motor HD supplied by Telia over a DSL connecton. I'm glad we have Eje Elgh and Janne Blomqvist as commetators. They know what they are talking about.
The good old Scandinavian Raceway. 09 I was was at Anderstorp when the Masters Series visited with F1 cars from early 60's to 80's. I was surprised that they raced as hard as they did. Some of them was gong off in front of us in that last 90 degrees leading to start/finish straight. It was surely a wonderful weekend with clear skies and the smell and sound of V12 carburettor engines. Karl the sixteenth Gustaf was standing on the roof across the track watching the F1 race. Since that day I'm a fanatic royalist:)

I also keep my fingers crossed for Marcus. I really hope Sweden will get a driver in F1, as they have nice tracks and series, but haven´t had a driver in F1 for some time. In contrast, Finns will have their 8th F1 driver as Valtteri Bottas got Williams' seat for F1 season 2013. On the other hand, it looks Kovalainen will not drive another season in F1...

Oh dear, you're right. I'm sorry Marko. I remember we talked about you having driven some open wheelers after the shanghai race. ;)

No problem Reik :) I have tested quite many racing cars actually now that you made me think about it. But taking the next step to competing takes a whole lot of money...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back