Insert objects problem

Sorry guys, I do not know if this is the right place for this topic.
If I'm wrong, tell me and re-post in the right place.
I have a little problem with BTB: I can not insert an object, more than
once. He says: "Read error memory" or "attempt to write or read
protected memory "or something like that. Someone can help me?
Thank you very much!

you must post much more details about BTB and 3d model format, what you want insert on

Hi Barbje! BTB says this:************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType primitiveType, Int32 baseVertex, Int32 minVertexIndex, Int32 numVertices, Int32 startIndex, Int32 primCount)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel3d_ObjectsInstanced(View& v, Boolean Solid)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel_3d(View v)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel(View& v)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawAll()
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmObjects.AddByLasso(View v, List`1 LassoPositions, Boolean UnselectAllFirst)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.pnl3d_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

is written in Italian (I'm italian). every time I try to insert an object more than once, this text will appear.I can add, only one object for each type. I mean, one tree for each type, one grass for each type, one house for each type.... the Sobject however, I can insert them normally. also, it let me chose if exit or to try to continue.
I using BTB for Rfactor track.

Do you have some idea?

I don't know whats happening there, BUT, have you tried to Copy an object once it is placed?
Once you have placed/inserted the first object, change 'Objects' tab from 'Add' to 'Edit' & then with the 'Move' button selected hold 'C' on keyboard & then click & drag on the object you wish to copy.
If you have a group of objects you wish to copy then left click the mouse while circling them, hold 'C' & then click & drag them...
That should get you on your way until we can work out what's gone wrong with that other stuff above....

I don't know whats happening there, BUT, have you tried to Copy an object once it is placed?
Once you have placed/inserted the first object, change 'Objects' tab from 'Add' to 'Edit' & then with the 'Move' button selected hold 'C' on keyboard & then click & drag on the object you wish to copy.
If you have a group of objects you wish to copy then left click the mouse while circling them, hold 'C' & then click & drag them...
That should get you on your way until we can work out what's gone wrong with that other stuff above....

thank you, Lee Knight!
but I still have the same problem!
this time is written: ************** exception Text**************
application Error.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
in Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel_3d(View v)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawPanel(View& v)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.DrawAll()
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmObjects.MoveObjects(Int32 MouseX, Int32 MouseY, View v, Boolean ShiftKeyHeld)
in BobsTrackBuilder.frmMain.pnl3d_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

:cry:

Yes I want to see, what model will make problem in BTB. And what 3D file format he have (collada or 3ds)? How many polygon on it? Do you leave dubble texture side on it, what is the mapping method...

sorry man! I do not know what you're talking about. I am less than a beginner in these things! The only thing I can tell you is what xpacks, I use:
apartment
basic city xpack v1
buildings
chainfence
cicada buildings
common
crowds
ennis objects
great britain rbr
guarda
houses
lighthorse xp
longford 67 houses
mauropack
mochetas sr
nl pack pit tents
objects poland
old church
pl trees
racetrucks
rrw case
rural australia
smes pack
track lights
trackside objects
trees pack

in all these packs, all the objects I can
isert only once.
with the SObjects, I have no problems.
I would call my track "the forest". but a forest without trees, what kind of forest is? :D
Thank you for your interest!:thumbsup:

uff.., ok, now we know - you don't make any new model. :) You must to know, that if you add too much model in yours project BTB can't work properly too (out of memory it is). You must decide what is important for you and leave only this. More details in close distance and low in middle and long range.Next point is if you used so much xpacks in yours project look on it what size (in Mb) he have (...\BTB program\My Projects\??)
Second, look may you want put new objects on "non BTB Ground (can place objects upon it)" surface?
If it not help can you make some yours project archiv and show for us

Try cutting back on un-used Xpacks via the Xpacks menu....
(Un-tick the ones that say not in use.)
This will free things up maybe & will also make file smaller to share if need be...
ie; if problem persists...
Let us know how this goes for you...

Guys! I tried to make a small track with only 3 turns, just to try your advice. I only used the default XPack, I popped the possibility of inserting objects on the surface. The problem persists whether I insert a single tree and then try to copy it, whether I insert 3 trees. after the third, still appears the inscription. I do not know really what to do! :poop::cry:

Guys! I tried to make a small track with only 3 turns, just to try your advice. I only used the default XPack, I popped the possibility of inserting objects on the surface. The problem persists whether I insert a single tree and then try to copy it, whether I insert 3 trees. after the third, still appears the inscription. I do not know really what to do! :poop::cry:

Hmm, interesting situation, seems problem with yours software. One question - do you have licensed BTB? And do you install all required software (as framework...) for BTB. And on what PC system you run BTB, what VGA on it?

Hmm, interesting situation, seems problem with yours software. One question - do you have licensed BTB? And do you install all required software (as framework...) for BTB. And on what PC system you run BTB, what VGA on it?

On my computer is running Vista, and the graphics card is the original.
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2,00GHz RAM 4,00GB
do you think the problem is this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%