Input Lag

The CPU and GPU are good enough to run the game. But i think you'll need to compromise some graphic settings vs performance.

Go trough your wheel settings:

Wheel : GT3 RS
Wheel settings:
  • Sen : off ==> 900 degrees in your fanatic profiler
  • FF : 100 or less
  • Sho : 60 (not important)
  • Dri : 0 or off ==> drift mode: setting this value can give some strange FFB behavior
  • ABS : 65 (not important)
  • Lin : 0 or off ==> linearity: setting this value makes your wheel do crazy things
  • Dea : 0 or off ==> dead zone: setting this value can create a feeling off input lag
  • Spr : 0 or off ==> Centrale spring rate
  • Dpr : 0 ==> damping (I use 60%)
Use a clean install: don't alter the controller.ini ==> the FFB of rFactor 2 is great by default
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/problem-setting-up-fanatec-gt3-rs.83708/

Setting up graphics settings:
Leave your Nvidia settings default. Don't alter the pre-rendered settings.
update your Nvidia drivers.

First you'll need to test everting at the lowest graphic settings.

Start the rfactor2 launcher. ==> click on configure sim.
Select your correct video card.
Select your correct resolution and max frame rate.
Select Sync off
Select anti-aliasing off
Select the max refresh rate.
Turn off widescreen UI, HDR, FXAA

Start single player mode.
Go to settings ==> display and turn everything to low or off.
There is also an option to alter the graphic settings automatically : turn that off

Go to settings ==> controllers: make sure everything is linear. turn the wheel and press the pedals. everything should move fluently

Start a race and go on track. Your wheel should have no input lag.
Use ctrl + F: you'll see your FPS in the right corner.

if it's higher as 60. You can alter your graphics settings to your liking. turn on HDR etc... Make sure it never drops below 60 fps. if you are happy with the result graphics/performance. Turn on V-sync.

Exit game and click on configure sim:
Set refresh rate on 60
Set Sync on video.

If i have any stutter or lag. I usually press ctrl f and check if it drops below 60.

BTW: if you want to use the new kart mod. i recommend to stay at 100 fps or higher. These are fast karts at a twisty/bouncy track. But guess you are used to driving karts ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back