Inhibit AI from making pit stops

I just wanted to have a no pit stop race against the AI just to fine tune the difficulty strength and aggression since I mainly play single player (I'm not good for online play hehehe), but even if I placed the fuel consumption to 0x, tyre wear to 0x, and mechanical damage to 0% in Content Manager, the AI seems to make unnecessary pitstops.

This occurs in quick race and race weekend (having turned on practice and qualifying). Furthermore, I was racing in the 2017 Circuit de la Sarthe track mod and all cars in the race are Toyota TS020 car mod. Also occurs in other tracks and cars, but that is the combo that seems to pit even on lap 2 unnecessarily.

Is there any way to stop them from making unnecessary pit stops?

Thank you!

And this is my first time posting in this specific forum, so if this is not the right place to post this, just kindly redirect me =]

Last edited:
Idk if its possible for a normal offline race, but you could set up a local lan server, in its ini you can setup pitstop stuff:
1598005298052.png

This makes it easier to setup a server, it knows about sol:

Or registered CM has a server setup section too.

Idk if its possible for a normal offline race, but you could set up a local lan server, in its ini you can setup pitstop stuff:
View attachment 400012

This makes it easier to setup a server, it knows about sol:

Or registered CM has a server setup section too.

Thanks for the tip! Will bear this in mind if it the AI starts pitting unnecessarily again. So far, I noticed that 3 of the car mods I was using and racing recently were missing fuel_cons.ini in their data.acd or data folder; made those files up, and no random unnecessary pit stops from the AI. Hope this was not a fluke lol

Thanks for the tip! Will bear this in mind if it the AI starts pitting unnecessarily again. So far, I noticed that 3 of the car mods I was using and racing recently were missing fuel_cons.ini in their data.acd or data folder; made those files up, and no random unnecessary pit stops from the AI. Hope this was not a fluke lol
Just wondering if this managed to fix it long term for you. I done a 7 lap race earlier on the formula 1990 mod and everyone pitted after 5 laps

LTC needs to be 10000 at race start to avoid AI pitting
in lotus 125 S1 there is a data folder named fuel_cons.ini
gives you km per liter x max fuel
to get LTC 10000, you need the above km to exceed race length; (km x laps)

ie - you pit if km per liter is too small

Here's my data:

[FUEL]
CONSUMPTION=0.001
FUEL=60
MAX_FUEL=60

[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=9.9

Race laps: 7
Circuit length: 2.9km

I was 3rd in the race and the 2 leading AI pitted at the end of the 7th lap and ...... I won!!!! Well done to me for having such an excellent pit strategy.

I always assumed it was an ideal_line.ini issue in a particular track's ai folder - never knew it was car-specific! :O_o:

For clarification, what values(and associated text) do we put into a car's fuel_cons.ini file to stop them pitting so early?

Last edited:
I tried 10km per litre in the fuel_cons.ini and they still pitted!!!!

... but I have finally solved the problem, for me at least. In the AI folder of the track, I deleted all files which start with pit_lane. For a single race that is OK as the cars never need to pit anyway. They can't pit if they don't know their way in there.

Last edited:
I was having the same problem with Bazza's Formula Vintage F2 cars. I unpacked the data on both, and added the fuel_cons.ini file, but no matter what values I entered the AI cars kept stopping on the first lap. Then I realized I missed one important step: I had to delete the original data.acd file from the main car folder. Once I did that, everything was great.

I was having the same problem with Bazza's Formula Vintage F2 cars. I unpacked the data on both, and added the fuel_cons.ini file, but no matter what values I entered the AI cars kept stopping on the first lap. Then I realized I missed one important step: I had to delete the original data.acd file from the main car folder. Once I did that, everything was great.
Even that didn't work for me

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years