Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

Inhibit AI from making pit stops

I just wanted to have a no pit stop race against the AI just to fine tune the difficulty strength and aggression since I mainly play single player (I'm not good for online play hehehe), but even if I placed the fuel consumption to 0x, tyre wear to 0x, and mechanical damage to 0% in Content Manager, the AI seems to make unnecessary pitstops.

This occurs in quick race and race weekend (having turned on practice and qualifying). Furthermore, I was racing in the 2017 Circuit de la Sarthe track mod and all cars in the race are Toyota TS020 car mod. Also occurs in other tracks and cars, but that is the combo that seems to pit even on lap 2 unnecessarily.

Is there any way to stop them from making unnecessary pit stops?

Thank you!

And this is my first time posting in this specific forum, so if this is not the right place to post this, just kindly redirect me =]

Last edited:
Welcome

I don’t know the answer to your question, really. But I can tell you that I do a lot of offline races and almost never see the AI do pit stops. My point is that there must be a solution to your problem. Most of my races are about 20 minutes long BTW.

Idk if its possible for a normal offline race, but you could set up a local lan server, in its ini you can setup pitstop stuff:
1598005298052.png

This makes it easier to setup a server, it knows about sol:

Or registered CM has a server setup section too.

After fiddling with the mods, I noticed that 3 of the car mods I had and was racing with recently were missing fuel_cons.ini in their data.acd or data folder, so I made fuel_cons.ini for each of them and thus far, it seems my problem has been solved (keeping fingers crossed!!)

Idk if its possible for a normal offline race, but you could set up a local lan server, in its ini you can setup pitstop stuff:
View attachment 400012

This makes it easier to setup a server, it knows about sol:

Or registered CM has a server setup section too.

Thanks for the tip! Will bear this in mind if it the AI starts pitting unnecessarily again. So far, I noticed that 3 of the car mods I was using and racing recently were missing fuel_cons.ini in their data.acd or data folder; made those files up, and no random unnecessary pit stops from the AI. Hope this was not a fluke lol