F1 2013 Info on screen ? Understanding

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, look, I'm probably an F 1 idiot, but gotta ask,

When driving, in top left screen is a few driver names, usually ahead and behind me,

Occasionally , a red icon appears with a number? What is that?

And is there anywhere that has a explanation manual,

Nick.

I haven't played for a long while, but there are various things that can be displayed there. I am sure someone will correct me if my memory is wrong. :)

1/ Team-mate position

2/ Rival position - You get to pick a rival at a certain stage of your career, if you beat him over a number of races (last 7 of the season?), you can take his place in his team

3/ I think the red marker is your EXPECTED finishing position, your goal. You get told before a race what position you are expected to finish in, and this marker is a reminder of it.

The number flashing up red will be when you complete a sector, and will the show your time relative to the same sector last lap. Red means you are slower, grey means you are close to the same time (thinks its within 2 tenths) and green means you've gone quicker. This helps you see how consistently you are running, and it will also do the same when you complete a lap and show you your total loss or gain for the entire lap

I assume this is what you are referring to, as you say it appears occasionally. But if you already knew that and it wasn't what you meant, then maybe try a screenshot of it? So then we can definitely help

I think he's talking about the circles that come up under the driver names. See this screenshot. I'd like to know what they mean too. See the green "01".

F1_2013+2013-12-30+11-34-50-94.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years