Info on first time RD race

Hi everyone, I want to start using the RD daily races (assetto corsa) but not 100% sure how/what I need to do before getting started? I don't know what TeamSpeak is and if I 'have' to use it or not?
I remember reading the rules and stuff but have no idea where to find them now to go over them again. All I'm after is good clean racing with likeminded people.

You'll find a link for rules, Teamspeak and all necessary informations in each Racing Club event announce in the 1st post, Mark

Very easy, you'll see.

NB: TeamSpeak is a vocal software to communicate ... you just need to install it and use a headset with microphone.

You'll find a link for rules, Teamspeak and all necessary informations in each Racing Club event announce in the 1st post, Mark

Very easy, you'll see.

NB: TeamSpeak is a vocal software to communicate ... you just need to install it and use a headset with a microphone.
Yeah ok, thanks for that. I use VR so how would headset and mic work? Do you have to use TeamSpeak?

Yeah ok, thanks for that. I use VR so how would headset and mic work? Do you have to use TeamSpeak?
You aren't forced to use TeamSpeak but it's the place where Info is given while the event is running.
Things like "the server has a problem, we're gonna restart it and do a 5 minutes longer qualy session" etc.
If you're not on TeamSpeak, you simply won't get this info and especially with VR and AC, you'll get teleported without any warning.
Craig for example always counts down from 3--0 before switching to the next session for VR users :)

You don't have to TALK though. Simply get in there and listen. If you're annoyed by noises or the other users simply mute the noisy ones or simply mute everyone but the race host.

These are Clubraces so there will be some talking. Some races are more silent, some are a constant bantering.
After some time you'll know the guys around you so something like "haha I won't make it easy for you Joel" or "just pass me on the left Craig, won't hold you up tonight" will happen :)

ok thanks for taking the time rasmus. im findind the whole joining thing tricky and not sure about my name as well? Do you know of any video tutorials avalible or am i thinking its harder that it acutally is?
To add to what Rasmus said; TS isn't mandatory(it used to be, which was the way to go imo), but its preferable that all the guys who are racing are there, in case of anything unusual happens, like the example, Rasmus made.

Your Name is just how its suppose to be. Make sure if you're coming into the TS server, that you have your Real name showing there aswell. I'll just link the TS setup guide here.

Here's some more additional guides & rules you might find handy:
And couple of really handy apps aswell:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%