Infamous Mount Panorama Circuit coming to rFactor 2

Bathurst_01.jpg

Image Space Incorporated has announced with a quick press release that rFactor 2 is getting the infamous Bathurst track.

The Mount Panorama Circuit is currently in development via their third party affiliate program, which means that it's going to be made by a modding team in collaboration with ISI. If rFactor 2's track record is anything to go by, we're going to end up with another stellar addition to the sim.

There's no release date at the moment, but we're guessing it's going to be available in the next couple of updates.

More Bathurst is always a good thing, since the topsy turvy Australian circuit has gathered a worldwide following among simracers and motorsport fans. The track is currently available in official form only in Project Cars, Raceroom Racing Experience and iRacing, whereas other racing games have to rely on mods.

Bathurst_01.jpg Bathurst_02.jpg Bathurst_03.jpg Bathurst_04.jpg Bathurst_05.jpg Bathurst_06.jpg

I did a few laps last night.
Its massively challenging with plenty of bumps. Very bumpy into T2 Quarry.

Thanks for this great track.
Now some feedback.

I might be wrong but I will say the things that didnt feel right (just my opinion so dont flame me me ok).

The cutting: the inside edge of the track seems IRL to be steeper. As you go from outside to inside it feels like a skate park move IRL. On this version its more constant gradient.

T14 The Dipper, IRL its like jumping off the roof of a 2 story house on the inside of this corner. In this version its far too flat.

T10 Mc Phillamy park IRL seems one long turn. In this version its two distinct apexes.

Its still a great track and thnk you.
I'm sure Ill have tons of fun.

PS Yes I have driven it (Kawasaki ZX9 Ninja) and I have run it on foot.

When I try to load the track I get an error message:

"gMotor 2 Error"
"Error loading src temmp Surface GRAS_SLOPE02_NORM.DDS
Error loading texture GRAS_SLOPE02_NORM for material DSTG_SLOPEX2OV"

and then a second error message box saying:

"gMotor2 Error"
"Error loading global material DSTG_SLOPEX2OV"

and then crash to Launcher.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or has got any clue?

I have downloaded the file twice with the same result.

i have same thing too..

I did a few laps last night.
Its massively challenging with plenty of bumps. Very bumpy into T2 Quarry.

Thanks for this great track.
Now some feedback.

I might be wrong but I will say the things that didnt feel right (just my opinion so dont flame me me ok).

The cutting: the inside edge of the track seems IRL to be steeper. As you go from outside to inside it feels like a skate park move IRL. On this version its more constant gradient.

T14 The Dipper, IRL its like jumping off the roof of a 2 story house on the inside of this corner. In this version its far too flat.

T10 Mc Phillamy park IRL seems one long turn. In this version its two distinct apexes.

Its still a great track and thnk you.
I'm sure Ill have tons of fun.

PS Yes I have driven it (Kawasaki ZX9 Ninja) and I have run it on foot.
I thought the dipper was a bit flat as well, but after looking at an onboard from Allan Simonson it doesn't seem to be that much off. It is of course not as deep, but the car is riding through there not a lot more similiar compared to an older conversion we used where the car was nearly flying :D. The bumps at Skyline down to Forrest elbow seem a bit harsh, but no idea if the track is wrong or the ISI Corvette doesnt ride bumps as well as it probably does in reallife. After some time I got used to it and laptimes seem to be quite comparable to real life.

Look at the Ferrari IRL going through the dipper at 2:03

And there the Corvette at 1:12

I havent downloaded it yet, actually havent opened rf2 in a few weeks. But from the vette vid that fred posted this version is a lot closer than the rf1 conversion was. Those bumps to the elbow are well and truly present in real life. But it looks like the elbow doesnt have enough camber to it. Gts were almost 3 wheeling through there and the production cars were well and truly were 3 wheeling. And from standing at the elbow for a while it looks a little sharper in real life than in that vette vid but hey close is good enough cause it will never be perfectly represented in a video game. You have to go there to appreciate how steep it is. The dipper is hard to tell. I should probably upload the videos i have from the 12hr that are on my phone.

i try the track / texture level change (low/high/full), but same error message
video driver update not an option, because i have a old Radeon HD4830 :)

my settings are here:
View attachment 105084

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Download v1.02 – 343MB
Please uninstall and delete v1.0.

Changelog:
– Fixed some shadow popups
– Fixed wall collisions
– Fixed incorrect texture size (stops crashing on some extremely old cards)
– Tweaked AIW

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing