IndyCar: Texas Motor Speedway Discussion Thread

Wow, listening to y'all gripe makes me glad I went to watch it live.

The first half of the race was the Saito Show, but boy did he screw that up during the first round of pit stops. Not going to spoil it...let's just say the rear tire changer has some ups and the front tire changer "got skinny" real quick. I thought the racing tonight was great. Close racing at the front for 2/3 of the race and got to see a rookie's lack of patience bite him in the rear.

Someone needs to sign the Penske strategists because they are on a whole other level.

And they are not designed to produce "so much more power". They are built just to last with pathetic HP and low revs..

Sorry but that comment shows how little you know. I never said they were designed to produces more power I said they are capable of producing more power. I have worked on the current spec Indycar engine since 2010 and I can assure you that only the regulations restricts these engines.They are very capable high tech engines. Engine that rightly so Honda and Chevy are very proud of.

Sorry but that comment shows how little you know. I never said they were designed to produces more power I said they are capable of producing more power. I have worked on the current spec Indycar engine since 2010 and I can assure you that only the regulations restricts these engines.They are very capable high tech engines. Engine that rightly so Honda and Chevy are very proud of.

I know, they're de-tuned because indycar wants everything fair and equal, not spending any needed monies on engine development. Its just a de-tuned lump with low HP to get equal parity for everyone. Thats why indycar is known as a spec club series. Roger Penske even said so a couple of years ago.

Why on earth would Honda and Chevy be so proud to build a simple de-tuned engine and capped by the league? Proud of building spec motors.... I bet they're over whelmed.

So well over 700Hp from a 2.2 in road course spec is low power. Have you any idea how many hours we have worked to achieve that and then make it last several thousand miles? Have you any idea of the loads on the internal components of the engine running almost continuously between 11000 & 12000rpm on an oval for 500 miles? No probably not because you don't work on these engines, I do.

If you dislike Indycar so much why are you commenting on a thread about it? Indycar have chosen to keep the rules tight so cost's do not go F1 style, so in reply to you yes we are very proud of our engines and what they can achieve.

First of all, its 550-700 hp depending on boost levels and track, they are never leaning on %100 boost for long periods of time. And of course, the arcade style, 'push-to-pass'.

You can not prejudge whether or not I like something or not, beings that you don't know my position within in the series, or in the past. And quit saying "we", even if you did (which I'm sure you don't) put hands on the engine, it wouldn't be both.

And please, 'rules tight so cost don't go F1 style'. No, they are so tight that the series want's %100 control of every nut and bolt so everyone's equal (spec,spec,spec) and at the end of the day, all the kids are assured they receive a participation trophy while the series tries to convince the dull-skulls that 15 cars are within .4 seconds of each other. Of course they are - its a spec club series. Roger Penske even says so.

Funny, I thought motor sport was about building the fastest mouse trap that lasts long enough to win. The series doesn't have to be %99 spec without letting costs go 'F1 style'. :rolleyes:

indycar is awesome and you spamming every indycar thread won't change a damn thing.

Spamming, no discussing. And no, I don't discuss every indycar thread, just look at the last indycar thread here. You wont see me in it. And the only reason why I've replied to the last couple of comments is because someone decided to spark up a new discussion - some nearly a month after the race in this title.

First of all, its 550-700 hp depending on boost levels and track, they are never leaning on %100 boost for long periods of time. And of course, the arcade style, 'push-to-pass'.
I'm fully aware how much power these engine produce, I work on these as I said before. Oval is only 0.3bar of boost, road course 0.5bar with push to pass at 0.6bar, yes its low boost but that makes these engines all the more impressive because of the power we can get from such boost levels. Oval is 100% boost all the time and 90-100% of the RPM all the time.

I'm fully aware how much power these engine produce, I work on these as I said before. Oval is only 0.3bar of boost, road course 0.5bar with push to pass at 0.6bar, yes its low boost but that makes these engines all the more impressive because of the power we can get from such boost levels. Oval is 100% boost all the time and 90-100% of the RPM all the time.

Yeah, like I said, if you did, it wouldn't be both. And secondly, I wonder why you ignore %95 of the rest of my post.

And you just said, 0.3bar of boost and that they run that %100, its nothing ground breaking or pushing the limits.

I ignored the rest of the post because you were plainly rude, I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours, I was simply trying to show you there is so much more to these engines than you believe. (I can't argue against the chassis as that is very much stock, specially since the aero kits were dropped) Yes they have heavily restrictive rules yet we still get over 700Hp on road course boost and can survive the Indy 500 flat out. I thought we were having a grown up discussion, maybe I was wrong.

I have worked on these engine since 2010 but you don't have to believe me, and to be fair I don't care if you don't. I know these engines very very well, i know how much it has taken to make them what they are withing the rules that are in place and we ARE very proud of what we have achieved.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years