Alright when was that again.....?

Why would it better for Beitske to get her from W series into DTM instead of Kubica? Is this another "nationalism" thing? Holland before everything?

Mr Boby...What you mean with another Holland? Nationalism?? Explain this to me.
strange conclusion

Beitske is for years by the bmw junior team. First off all.. She want to Dtm, she is fast and
deserves a change.

Last edited:
DTM today isn´t bad, they got exciting races. Still i liked it more in the early 90s, it was basically a production car championship with cars like the BMW M3, Mercedes 190 EVO, Ford Sierra Cosworth, Mustang GT 5.0, etc.
The cars from today doesn´t even share a single nut or bolt with the road legal versions.

As COVID-19 continues to impact events around the world, schedules have been torn apart, rewritten, and adjusted countless times in an attempt to be ready for when the situation improves. The NTT INDYCAR SERIES presents a revised schedule for their 2020 season, now introducing doubleheaders.

The NTT INDYCAR SERIES announced several calendar updates today following the cancellation of the Detroit Grand Prix due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Two previously scheduled events will become doubleheaders along with the addition of a third weekend of racing at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.​
With these additions, there are 15 races on the 2020 INDYCAR calendar, an increase of one event from the 14 races announced March 26.​
“We’re committed to bringing fans as much on-track action as possible,” Penske Entertainment Corp. President and CEO Mark Miles said. “Our updated schedule features additional racing at fan-favorite venues and adds to the total number of events on our calendar. The COVID-19 situation continues to be dynamic and challenging for everyone, so we have developed contingency plans which will allow us to respond to changing conditions. Our goal is to preserve as much racing competition as possible while prioritizing the health and safety of our participants and spectators.”​
INDYCAR’s established events at Iowa Speedway and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca will become doubleheaders. The Iowa 300 event weekend will add a race Friday, July 17 along with the previously scheduled race Saturday, July 18. The Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey event weekend will now feature a race Saturday, Sept. 19 in addition to the previously scheduled race Sunday, Sept. 20.​
Race fans also will be treated to a third INDYCAR event at the Racing Capital of the World, with the INDYCAR Harvest GP on the IMS road course taking place Saturday, Oct. 3. This event is in addition to the GMR Grand Prix, already scheduled for Saturday, July 4, and the 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, Aug. 23.​
“Like our fans, we’re disappointed we won’t be racing in Detroit this year,” Miles said. “However, we’re excited to return to Belle Isle in 2021 and know we’ll put on a great show for everyone when we do. We also appreciate the flexibility and support of our event promoters at Iowa Speedway and Laguna Seca, who have enthusiastically embraced the opportunity to host doubleheaders.”​
An updated listing of green flag times and an NBC Sports broadcast schedule will be announced in the near future.​
Texas Motor Speedway - June 6​
Road America - June 21​
Richmond Raceway - June 27​
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Race 1 - July 4​
Streets of Toronto - July 12​
Iowa Speedway Race 1 - July 17​
Iowa Speedway Race 2 - July 18​
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - August 9​
Indianapolis 500 Qualifying - August 15-16​
Indianapolis 500 Mile Race - August 23​
World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway - August 30​
Portland International Raceway - September 13​
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Race 1 - September 19​
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Race 2 - September 20​
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course Race 2 - October 3​
Streets of St. Petersburg - TBA​

IndyCarRevised2020Schedule.png

This revised schedule shows IndyCar is very serious about hitting the track as much as possible this year, despite all the setbacks. While June feels very far away from right now, it may yet be too early to race, forcing another go at rescheduling whatever remains possible. The Toronto race in early July is usually a ton of fun on the streets. Right now my hometown -- like everyone else's -- is dealing with bigger issues than, say, regular annual griping from commuters when track fences are going up, but fingers crossed we'll get to see some racing action this summer!

Source: IndyCar Official Statement

Got questions or comments about IndyCar? Post a thread in the Motorsport sub forum here at RaceDepartment to engage with your fellow community members!

I love there optimism, but the way things are going I highly doubt a July start will happen....and truly hope I am proven wrong too!

The canadian government has already announced that covid-19 lockdown measures will continue for several more weeks.
Best case scenario July things might let up.
Quit surprised they haven't pulled the plug on Toronto yet?
Calgary has temporarily cancelled the Calgary stampede which has never been cancelled. All public events till July 1st, stampede starts the 3rd till the 14

The states are in way worse shape than us and sadly is only gonna get worst.

The only way I see this season starting in July is infront of empty crowds.
Be interesting to see the turnout numbers if it goes ahead with the amount of people currently laid off.

For now Indycar fans will have to watch the drivers in the virtual world racing in the iracing series.

Last edited:
I am so ready for absolutely any live racing, that I'm excited to hear this, despite my pessimism about June being unlikely. Maybe without the live audience would be a good compromise? I'm not even the biggest Indycar fan (good racing, terrible, terrible presentation on US TV) but I'd be all in for this..

Yeah, doubt that's going to work with a July start date but we can always hope.

In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun watching the iRacing series....in particular Sage Karam wreck half the field and stomp around like a little kid. :whistling:

I'm simultaneously hopeful and pessimistic. I'm thinking "this would be awesome!" and "don't see it happening" at the same time.

One advantage that IndyCar has over F1 is that it's all US/Canada, so I think logistics should be a little easier. Geographically, you're talking about some huge distances, but it's ultimately only 2 countries...only 1 if you had to drop Toronto. Compare that with F1 where you are bouncing from country to country every couple weeks. I could be wrong, but I think that is going to be more challenging from several different angles.

But, again, I'm still doubting IndyCar pulls it off. Let me say that I can only speak from a US resident perspective and really only from the perspective of a resident of a specific state (degree of severity and response strategies have varied pretty widely over here), but this is what I think: we're going to be muddling through this for quite some time. My sense is people are really kind of "in the zone" right now. We're past the initial shock and adjust phase, but not quite into the really feeling the pinch of the economic hardships phase. I get a pretty strong sense of people being pretty committed to the common cause. But I also get a strong sense that many believe we're somehow beating or "solving" the virus. I suspect that could be some of the famous American "can do" optimism showing itself in this crisis. On one level, that gives me a general sense of hope that maybe the country isn't as done for as it seems sometimes...but in a more specific sense as it relates to COVID, I think it's a pretty deluded sentiment. It seems to me we've got 2 true solutions to this situation: vaccine or herd immunity. The vaccine is probably a year out (and even that is likely optimistic). What I've heard on the "herd immunity" concept is you need something like 80% of the population to get it (or otherwise get the antibodies in their system). Even places that have had what we are considering severe outbreaks are going to be nowhere near that number. My own conclusion is we're going to be turning the social distancing dial up and down for at least a year while we try to keep life moving while simultaneously trying to keep our healthcare systems out of a critical state.

So, yeah, skeptical we'll see IndyCars on track this year.

Don't think this will happen. I wouldn't mind empty stands since I'm watching on TV and, contrary to team sports, you don't hear much from people trackside anyway. I'd still think safety should come first.
I've no interest in watching e-racing. Love to do it, hate to watch it. I'd rather have no races.

It must have been hard for Mr. Penske to leave the Detroit Belle Isle race off the calendar as he was the prime mover in making this event happen in a city wich is his home base. Admittedly, the Detroit metro is one of the hardest hit COVID-19 clusters.

You gotta love the optimism of the people doing this schedule. I agree, empty stands are not as bad as an empty stadium in basketball or soccer, but there are 3,000+ people working on a GT3 field, so maybe 1,500 working on these cars? How on earth will you get them all social distancing in a narrow pit lane? It would be super good to have real races again in summer, but from what we see atm, no way this will happen before next year.

I love there optimism, but the way things are going I highly doubt a July start will happen....and truly hope I am proven wrong too!

The canadian government has already announced that covid-19 lockdown measures will continue for several more weeks.
Best case scenario July things might let up.
Quit surprised they haven't pulled the plug on Toronto yet?
Calgary has temporarily cancelled the Calgary stampede which has never been cancelled. All public events till July 1st, stampede starts the 3rd till the 14

The states are in way worse shape than us and sadly is only gonna get worst.

The only way I see this season starting in July is infront of empty crowds.
Be interesting to see the turnout numbers if it goes ahead with the amount of people currently laid off.

For now Indycar fans will have to watch the drivers in the virtual world racing in the iracing series.

Yes, the government has said that social distancing measures can stay in place until July. The race is on 12 July so it could be held without fans.

Yes, the government has said that social distancing measures can stay in place until July. The race is on 12 July so it could be held without fans.

Yes it could still go as I mentioned.
Tho after the prime minister news conference today, infont of an empty crowd will be its only option.

Canadians won’t be able to return to life as they knew it before the novel coronavirus pandemic until a vaccine is available, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday.

“Normality as it was before will not come back full-on until we get a vaccine for this… That will be a very long way off,” the prime minister said during his daily news conference on Canada’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Even then, “there will be things we just aren’t able to do” for a year to 18 months, he added in French.

Did the drivers have to use the clutch for every gear change or only for starts?
Did they drivers use the heel-toe technique on downshifts?
Is there any photo of the pedals on these cars? (I haven't found any)

Yes to the first two questions, I don’t have any pictures readily available. But I think you can see some live shots in the excellent movie Grand Prix
Edit: Can’t remember if there are any shots of the footwork or pedal box but there is a long discussion about shifting during the Monaco scene early in the movie

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years