IndyCar: Pocono Grand Prix Discussion Thread

I was in the paddock yesterday and seen Rossi on his scooter with girlfriend on back zipping through people, I told him to "Slow Down" haha I loved it!

Ha, watching pre-race - for obvious reasons, safety is the topic du jour, but Paul Tracy says "this is why these guys get paid millions". Millions, huh Paul? I'm not sure Indy drivers got paid "millions" even back in your day, they sure as hell don't now! :D

I do enjoy PT, though. Townsend needs to shut the hell up sometimes and let someone else talk.

Also, can't tell if Rossi is flirting with the idea of growing a mustache or if that's just how his facial hair grows but...he should definitely grow a mustache!!!

Holy crap - Hinch so lucky. Giant piece of carbon fiber headed straight for his head, but got deflected by the little deflector thing they run. This could have been so much worse.

"Bad luck" seems to follow Sato around like a shadow. At some point, you have to call it a pattern.

First off, he could have gotten someone killed. Second off, he's severely hurt Rossi's championship ambitions.

Ha, watching pre-race - for obvious reasons, safety is the topic du jour, but Paul Tracy says "this is why these guys get paid millions". Millions, huh Paul? I'm not sure Indy drivers got paid "millions" even back in your day, they sure as hell don't now! :D

I do enjoy PT, though. Townsend needs to shut the hell up sometimes and let someone else talk.
Little Al and Mike Andretti were earning 6-8 mio back in the days. So this days the top guys still for sure earn some millions... maybe 2-4 but still millions.
Nothing compared to Schumacher who made over 260mio a year but thats a different story.
And I like the 3 guys way better than what we had at Eurosport back in the days.

I've been watching Indy car since the 60's, absolutely love it. I've been going to the Pocono race for many years. It's the only Indy race near my area. It's, (Indy), fan friendly. Drivers will gladly take pics & autographs. And yes, Pocono is definitely off the 2020 schedule. I don't need any links for proof. My son is a mechanic & L.R. tire changer for Simon Pagenaud's team, Team Penske. Indy is trying to bring back the Poconos race every 3 years. Simon said during Saturdays practice, his car was almost as fast as the car he won the Indy 500 with . Before the race was red flagged for storms & lightning, he needed a wing adjustment, but was told to stay out because of the storm coming. I watched the whole race in the pits standing directly behind the #22 pit stall. It's awesome watching a pit stop from 15 feet away & seeing my son change tires & the roar of the engine as he leaves the pit stall. Was talking to Helio Castroneves for about 10 minutes & talked to Simon out on track before the race started. Both super nice guys. Most tracks have better action than any Nascar race. Nascar for me, died when Dale Sr. died. Glad I also got to meet & get Dale Sr's autograph many years before he died. He was a real funny guy. But don't get on his bad side, LOL !!!! Before making any judgement, I suggest going to an Indy race & judge for yourself. Definitely go in the pits , It's wild.

Holy crap - Hinch so lucky. Giant piece of carbon fiber headed straight for his head, but got deflected by the little deflector thing they run. This could have been so much worse.
It seems it was a complete front wing! all of them were lucky to escape that...

I'm glad that no one was hurt.
Sato needs to sit out a race or two. Sato said that he "thought" he was clear. He probably ended Rossi's chances for the title.
I don't think it's fair for people to blame the track because of what's happened in recent years. J.W. died because he got hit on the head by a wheel (I think it was a wheel). Wickens had a horrible crash, but it could have happened at Indy.
It would be a shame if it's not on the schedule next year, but it probably won't be.

We're not going to see catch fencing get an overhaul any time soon. That stuff is already hella expensive to install and any solution that is safer is going to be exponentially more expensive.

The series isn't going to pay for it (and probably couldn't, anyways), the track isn't going to pay for it (and probably couldn't, anyways) so it won't happen. We've been dealing with these cheesegraters for decades because no one can/will foot the bill to develop and install something better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back