rF2 Indycar *ON SALE* @ Brands Hatch - Mon 2nd January 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Going to try for a one pitstop strategy.. during practice, Qualifying and warm up what are the default tyres set to ? Or do I select these ?

Also if I set the tyres to "alternative" for my pitstop plus some fuel, again what tyres do I start the race with ?

Think I'm nearly sorted. But still a little confused. As always

The tyre you start on, in any session. Is the one that is in your Car Setup screen :)
The tyre mentioned in the pit-MFD is the one you change to :)

Amazing race guys. Who says you can't overtake at Brands Hatch?
The Alternate tyres were definitely quicker, but I think my Primary stint needed to be much shorter to make the 2-stop work there. Fantastic final 12 laps trying to close up 27s to Jan and it almost payed off, saving 60s of P2P to blast around with for ultimate lap time was great fun. Thanks to everyone who turned up.

Next week, we are staying with the Indycars, but will instead be taking them around Indianapolis for a proper Oval race!
1672695463044.png

that was a good race. learned plenty. all good experience.

Im learning from the back, but im used to that .I sat at the back in class.

I Spun off once and kind of spun back on.. totally lost control and very nearly caused an accident. only the qiuck reactions of the other driver saved us both from carnage, thanks and sorry to whoever that was.

One other question is , did anyone use voice or chat on Discord tonight. as recently it seems as if their is something wrong with my connection to RD with Discord. used to have a massive list of stuff when i logged in . Now all i have is chat and news ??

although it seems to looks like im logged us the small headset icon in the lower left shows green, I dont hear anything ?? Any ideas?

Last edited:
that was a good race. learned plenty. all good experience.

Im learning from the back, but im used to that .I sat at the back in class.

I Spun off once and kind of spun back on.. totally lost control and very nearly caused an accident. only the qiuck reactions of the other driver saved us both from carnage, thanks and sorry to whoever that was.

One other question is , did anyone use v oice or chat on Discord tonight. as recently it seems as if their is something wrong with my connection to RD with Discord. used to have a massive list of stuff when i logged in . Now all i have is chat and news ??

although it seems to lookl ike im logged us the small headset icon in the lower left shows green, I dont hear anything ?? Any ideas?
You weren't in the voice chat, we didn't hear you.

I'm going to put the server up nice and early for the next race, along with some tips in the thread for Oval racing, so go out there and spend some time getting used to it and I'm sure you'll catch up.

One other question is , did anyone use voice or chat on Discord tonight. as recently it seems as if their is something wrong with my connection to RD with Discord. used to have a massive list of stuff when i logged in . Now all i have is chat and news ??

although it seems to lookl ike im logged us the small headset icon in the lower left shows green, I dont hear anything ?? Any ideas?

I am willing to bet (not much, but still) that it will fix itself if you lick on the "premium members only" text, so you open all the channels below it.

In fact, do the same for all the categories ;)

Maybe try to re-connect your Discord account to your Racedepartment account to get access to the premium channels.

Thanks for the race guys! Went better than expected considering I never drove this car on a road course before. Thought all race I had the wrong strategy taking the primaries first. Dropped back a lot and struggled from the beginning. Pace came back with the alternates and with pretty much all P2P left I could close the over 40s gap down to like 14s. Really stupid spin going out of Graham Hill a few laps before the pit stop cost me the chance to fight for the win after all. Still good fun though.

I tried my Mills setup in practice and didnt really get the pace I wanted, so, after finally locating it, I tried Edward's setup and that was much better.
Lost out again to Michael in qualifying with a couple of tenths, but hopefully I'd have the upper hand in the race.
Started out on alternates and low fuel and hitting the P2P as soon as the green flag fell which meant I was 1st into T1. That made it much easier to get some pace going, unfortunately Michael followed me somewhat closely until he dissappeared. I pitted early and got out in traffic, slowing me down a little. Then Michael spun, I got collected, JUST saved it after multiple tankslappers, loosing me around 5-6 secs. Then I crashed myself soon after rocketing up to Edward's bumper from a massive tow and P2P, simply outbraking myself and trying to avoid running into the back of him.
After a while, Edward pitted again for alternates and I was really debating doing that myself since the primes had decent life but NO performance. I calculated that continuing would be 0-5 secs faster than pitting, so I went on. I just made it, had it been another lap, I'd have been in big trouble. In hindsight, I should have extended the alternates and used the primes as little as possible because the primes are an absolute s h i t tire!

Last edited:
Then Michael spun, I got collected,
Sorry for that, tried to save it but became a classic counter steer spin :(
I should have extended the alternates and used the primes as little as possible because the primes are an absolute s h i t tire!
Agreed, even though I practiced on them they were awful, weird understeer and no pace at all. Long first stint on them was a bad idea

Maybe try to re-connect your Discord account to your Racedepartment account to get access to the premium channels.

Will try that David. As premium channels are not listed.

As you (Paul) are missing some non-premium channels, it sounds like it is the "click on group text" that is the trick. If I click on "racedepartment.com" and close that discord channel tab, I only see "news" not the others. If I click on "registered members", then I only see the "chat", not the other(s) etc.
It does align more than premium being disconnected.

Congrats to Jan for his win and to the podium!

I really enjoyed the race despite a small error in Sheene's that costs around 20".
The car felt solid and good to drive. My 1 stop strategy was ok i guess, but taking the alternates after 20/22laps would have been much faster. In the end i stayed with 28 laps to long on the primes, but this is something to learn from.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%