Alright when was that again.....?

There is something fundamentally wrong when the guy in 2nd place slows down so he can regenerate his battery for one quick lap for 1 point, then just sits back and rolls around for comfortable 2nd....

Then you see Russell literally hanging it out and driving the wheels off a poor F1 car to try to get 10th and 1 point........its all just wrong and so so dull.
Especially after his engineer said over the board radio: "Keep the pressure on*". And suddenly the gap goes from 1.7 to 5 secs...

Probably code language --> release the throttle

Last edited:
Bravo Hamilton for his podium Tshirt

The police had a warrant to search a premises, the boyfriend of her grabbed a gun, shot at the police, they shot back...

The issue is US gun laws, it wasn't a 'racist' shooting... it was the police returning fire when shot at....

Remind me, when they turned up at Melbourne was Lewis wearing a t shirt with the aboriginal flag on it in solidarity for the despicable treatment of them?

Nope....wrong kind of black people....

The gap opened up because Bottas was after the best lap, saving battery. Also there's a delay between the actual radio chat and what's aired. If you think Bottas did'nt put up a real challenge to Hamilton in this race you need to get those hands away from your eyes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For what!!!!

For that comment alone , Kimi is my driver of the day.. Brilliant lol

Not to mention it was a completely appropriate response... He's told he's getting the penalty, asks why, and is subjected to a condescending explanation of how a five second penalty is applied. I'm pretty sure Kimi has figured out how penalties are applied in all his years in F1, chief, he just wanted to know why he was getting one. :roflmao:

• Deleted member 963434

its end already, i didnt watch tis race was not showed in my country tv, tey show instead some fake realisty show fock em,,,,,, but i watched previouse 2 GPs amazing to see Gasly win live and joy he showed xD but tis GP was not in my tv so sad, but i even got no time to watch it, but i read there was a lot of crashes? must watch replays now
tomorrow tey show 30 min replay in tv i must watch as i drove tis track many times in AC gt3 online, so fast track

Though Jimmie will be a nice breath of fresh air, I still would like to see CART/Indy Car add more pit crew and for God's sake, add gantries for the air hoses.. The primitive whipping the air hoses around really is a safety hazard from hell.

Ha, yeah I am with you on the gantries! It's amazing no one (or no thing) has been hit, tangled, etc. Or, they probably have, it just hasn't been disastrous enough to draw notice.

As far as pit crew goes, I think I'd keep it as is. I think having a skeleton pit crew:

1) First and foremost, keeps things safer. Having as few guys on that side of the wall during refuelling seems good to me.

2) It introduces more randomness, I suspect. Sure, the pit stops in F1 are a thing of beauty, but when you watch a cycle of pit stops and they're all 1.9-2.5 seconds...meh, it all kind of washes out. And seeing a 1.9 second pit stop is fun for the first few times but, when the incredible becomes routine, it's still routine. Just my 2 cents. Seems as though in IndyCar, it's way more likely to see an overly long pit stop that really shakes up strategy.

3) I'm assuming smaller crews = smaller expenses. I'm all for whatever keeps costs down in IndyCar. I love that we see what are essentially privateer* teams in IndyCar, I want to keep the racing accessible for those types!

* We don't seem to call them "privateer" in the states but, then again, I don't think I really hear that word, like, ever in the US. If not for racing, if I heard the word "privateer", I think I would picture 16th/17th century swashbucklers! Thank you, Sid Meier's Pirates! :laugh:

Voting is now open for the RaceDepartment Tuscan Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'...

What a crazy couple of weekends we have been treated to by Italy's finest circuits!

This weekend's Tuscan Grand Prix hosted at Mugello featured three grid starts! The two red flags and many safety car periods kept drivers on their toes from start to finish. Hopefully you were able to follow and enjoy Ferrari's 1000th Grand Prix, with all that's left to do being to cast your vote for the RaceDepartment Formula One Driver of the Day.

There are some good candidates, not least the driver who achieved their first ever podium finish in Formula One. Perhaps you would give it to the man who gave him a run for his money all the way to line? Or do you you have someone else in mind who managed today's chaos well but finished further down the order?

Let us know with your vote, and let's get talking below in the comments section.

Mugello.jpg

Attachments

• Header.jpg
    Header.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Something that is also quite alarming is the difference between F1 and every other top tier motorsport category and how it isn't possible to setup basic rules to make racing more interesting and equal between big manufacturers and smaller private teams, aswell as making it more approachable for the fans. They should have taken a look at MotoGP a few years ago allready: there you have the top ten riders in the standings seperated by 28 points, riding for five different manufacturers in 8 different teams. The difference between Hamilton and Bottas alone are 65 points, while there were 9 races in F1 and six races in MotoGP. But still, for the people now arguing that this isn't Mercedes fault I would like to know wich big manufacturer in F1 basicly controlls everything and delayed programms like the cost cap while running with the biggest budgets. The fact that the next season will be run with the same cars shows once again that F1 is too slow and passive while trying to find changes. The time they have realized new rules to make the sport more interesting, every other category is half a decade ahead with the planning and cost control, while they think that it is good to sell tickets for a race weekend for thousend Euro. Hmmmm, why weren't all the 3000 tickets sold for this weekend while there was an attendance of over 9000 people at Misano? :rolleyes:

As expected great to watch on this awesome track; I knew there would be plenty of overtaking despite "predictions" there would be none from the know-alls on bbc comments etc.
Unfortunate that MV was taken out so early, that could have been interesting fight for 2nd place at least.

Just a shame that it is very unlikely that F1 will return here.

Something that is also quite alarming is the difference between F1 and every other top tier motorsport category and how it isn't possible to setup basic rules to make racing more interesting and equal between big manufacturers and smaller private teams, aswell as making it more approachable for the fans. They should have taken a look at MotoGP a few years ago allready: there you have the top ten riders in the standings seperated by 28 points, riding for five different manufacturers in 8 different teams. The difference between Hamilton and Bottas alone are 65 points, while there were 9 races in F1 and six races in MotoGP. But still, for the people now arguing that this isn't Mercedes fault I would like to know wich big manufacturer in F1 basicly controlls everything and delayed programms like the cost cap while running with the biggest budgets. The fact that the next season will be run with the same cars shows once again that F1 is too slow and passive while trying to find changes. The time they have realized new rules to make the sport more interesting, every other category is half a decade ahead with the planning and cost control, while they think that it is good to sell tickets for a race weekend for thousend Euro. Hmmmm, why weren't all the 3000 tickets sold for this weekend while there was an attendance of over 9000 people at Misano? :rolleyes:

MotoGP this 'season' has had about 5 or 6 different winners, i think 3 of which it is there 1st ever win...

Also the dominant Marquez, 2 riders have his same bike but can't even get in the top 15 let alone win on it regularly.... I very much doubt any F1 could not at lest get the Merc into the top 5....

MotoGP this 'season' has had about 5 or 6 different winners, i think 3 of which it is there 1st ever win...

Also the dominant Marquez, 2 riders have his same bike but can't even get in the top 15 let alone win on it regularly.... I very much doubt any F1 could not at lest get the Merc into the top 5....
Well, even when Marc was dominant it wasn't a walk in the park and he still had several people being strong opposition for racewins with Rins, Viniales, Petrucci, Quartararo and Dovi last year. This year is even more unpredictable and you are easily last if you are half a second off the pace. I would argue that the Honda was allways tailored to suit Marcs driving style, wich makes a much bigger difference in motocycle racing than with cars, as trust in your machinery is just so much more important while going over 300 with zero protection allways putting your life at risk. So I can understand other riders struggling with a bike that isn't build for their riding styles and it shows that Honda needs to work on their strategy in case an accident for Marc ends worse.

Getting back to the F1 problem. Why is it such a big deal to give smaller or weaker teams more sets of tires per raceweekend, more power units throughout the season or weight penalties for the stronger teams and drivers as it is done in BTCC. This should be easily managable for the next season atleast to get the teams on a more equal playing field without having to compromise the importance of development with capped budgets.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 78 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years