Alright when was that again.....?

You can dress and put so much make up in a pig to call it a geisha, but it would still be a pig. And I'm talking about the current F1.

Not the statement we had months ago LOL It's a no brainer for Aston Martin ! Vettel no matter the struggles at Ferrari is a great driver ! Lance is proving his worth and this is good for F1 !!

Personally I can see both sides of it.

From a performance perspective, it doesn't make much sense. Perez is a known quantity and has given the team a lot over the years. Furthermore, I imagine that Vettel will be a lot more expensive.

That said, I can see the attraction for Lawrence Stroll of having a world champion in the car, who he can use to promote the Aston Martin brand.

More like use to tutor his little angel Verruca Stroll.

I thought Perez was doing a really great job actually.
And as if Vettel is such a great marketing entitiy?
Ok he won 4 world Chamionships with a superiour car over a decade ago.
Till Ricciardo was outpacing him.
With Ferrari he threw away quite some great results at crucial moments that could have made the difference.
Now Leclerc is faster than him.
Don't get me wrong he is a real great guy and a very good driver.
But for me personally i think his not that sharp and confident anymore.
He seems to snap under pressure.
Can very well be the situation in the team making it even worse.
But i rarely see Vettel being used for advertisments or promotions.
His online activity is old-style compared to all the streaming kids (that build fanbases).
I rather see some fresh blood going for it as than old horse that wants to prove against all odds he still got it (for a huge bag of money on the side).

Last edited:
I'm really pleased with this news, excited to see what he can achieve - always thoroughly enjoy these type of crossover situations.

Yet another great reason to watch IndyCar next year!

Definitely, love the cross overs!

The racing scene in the US is kind of interesting. NASCAR is sort of like a big vacuum - it sucks up a lot of guys who may or may not have had any plans to go oval racing. It's certainly the case that many NASCAR drivers came up doing that kind of racing and have had their hearts set on being a Cup driver since they were little kids, but some people would be shocked to know how many of those guys came up in karts with their sights set on a road racing career. So what happens? Well, say you're a talented US driver and you've reached a decision point in your young career where you have two paths you can choose...many times, those two branches look something like:

(A) Try to scrounge up yet even more money and either figure out the logistics of getting in a single seater European series OR securing one of the handful of (hotly contested) "Road to Indy" seats.

(B) Well, looky here - it's a paid ARCA (or K&N or whatever) ride.

Happens all the time. Suddenly, a kid with Senna posters on their bedroom wall finds themselves on the circle track career ladder because your chances of a legitimate, sustainable career are so much better on that path.

In Jimmie's case, I don't think he raced a stock car until his early 20's. He was into some kind of off-road racing before he was sucked into the circle track vacuum.

Kind of a tangent, but just kind of interesting to note (and something that I'm not sure is well understood outside of the US). I think for most of the F1 field, F1 was their ultimate goal from very young. For a lot of the NASCAR field, it's the same...but there are also a lot of notable exceptions where guys just sorta got swept into it from all sorts of backgrounds.

Stroll is hiring the guy who won many WC titles and 2nd places, and hopes that he will not have on payroll the disillusioned underperforning fellow that Vettel has seemed to be from time to time.

I doubt Vettel will be there for marketing or experience. He is less popular than Pérez if you look broader than Europe and Pérez has a lot of experience too.

Last edited:
This is a mistake. It's that simple for me. Unless racing point have a superior car to the rest in store for next year, then Vettel is the wrong horse to bet on. Since ricciardo arrived and beat him at red bull he has slowly gotten worse. He seems to face the wrong way as much as the right way these days.

Racing Point's car next year will be equal to or better than the Ferrari, so no matter what he's going into 2021 with more potential because of the development freeze.

we knew it was coming but it’s a reality now. Shame he gets dumped after saving the team. Anyway, at least he will be leaving f1 on a high.
let’s see what Vettel will bring to Aston Martin.

Vettel, when the car is dialled in, can be brilliantly fast over a single lap, which I think will be the big difference between him and Perez. On top of it, he's spent most of his career in top teams observing how they do things and he can provide insight for the team into what that's like, as well as his strategic chops. He is an upgrade over Perez, but obviously I don't think Stroll is a better driver.

I expect Perez to Sauber or Haas. Both those teams could use him and his wealth of experience, especially in the coming 2022 season. I feel like no team wants to be stuck with an inexperienced development driver while having completely new cars.

I like Vettel, but I don't think he's an upgrade over Perez in current form. Vettel used to indeed be brilliant over one lap, but that was years ago. Kimi started getting closer in quali battle as the years went by as Ferrari team-mates and with Leclerc it's not even an argument that Vettel has been consistently slower over a single lap. Maximizing the race result has been Perez strength so Vettel won't have an easy time improving on that either, especially if he continues to make mistakes.

Last edited:
First thing, although I never liked Perez, is there any chance for him to take Grosjean's seat? (though I would prefer Hulk-Mag combo just for fun) :D
Second, good to have Seb still there, and interesting to see how he races with 1000% less pressure than last 6 years. A news that will probably get me back to watch F1 next year.

I am a Johnson fan since he entered NASCAR. I love that he keeps on racing but I would have rather seen him stay in NASCAR instead of Indy Car.

There is quite clearly a bigger plan at play here. It is obvious that Perez will be transferring to Williams next year, who were planning to buy the blueprints to and copy the 2020 Ferrari. When the 2020 Ferrari ended up being a flaming pile of dog pooh they shifted plans and have now bought the blueprints to the 2020 McLaren but will fit the Mercedes engine to it. This in contrast to the 2021 McLaren which will also have a Mercedes engine. Prove me wrong :)

Laffiti and Russell have already been confirmed for next season. And frankly, if I was Perez, I would not go to Williams. What would be the point? A team that needs a complete rebuild?

The only places Perez can go are Haas or Alfa. Not too interesting either. If I were him, I would look elsewhere than F1. It’s clear that he will never be a championship contender, probably not a race winner either. There’s a life outside of F1. He should think about it.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years