Alright when was that again.....?

F1 decided that the general doping ban on Russia applies to F1 as well. Russia can't compete in F1.

Nontheless the Russia driver is allowed to run and the GP in Sochi goes forward.

Whatever all that means...

Last edited:
Indeed, I've discover oval racing with the old papyrus nascar games. it's intense and running with the pack at high speed is a real challenge requiring constant focus. It's like a F1 starting but all the way to the end, quiet insane.

I understand why a driver wouldn't wish to race on ovals. Terrible crashes occured in these races (incredible alessandro zanardi being the example coming to my mind). It's not something to take not seriously. We all have pur limits. Grosjean having given a chance to survive a huge a serious crash may not want to test his good muck another time. When life gives you a signal just listen to her.

All true, plus Grosjean is 34(?) and has raced on road courses all of his life. The learning curve would be huge and it would be too dangerous. After seeing pictures of his hands after Bahrein, I understand why he's sticking to road courses.

^Exactly. They ban the use of the Russian flag and words Russia and Russian. They may also use the acronym RAF, which stands for ‘Russian Automobile Federation’, and they can still use the colours of the Russian flag.

Drivers will be permitted to call themselves a “neutral athlete from Russia” or be listed as “Russia. Neutral athlete” and use the word “Russia” on any clothing so long as it is given equal prominence to “neutral athlete”.

Source motorsport.com

Its so dumb a ruling that I'm struggling to express just how dumb it is.

I think referring to Grosjean as an "F1 outcast" is a little inappropriate. He was never rejected from the sport or ostracised from it - which is what an outcast is - as he spent 10 years in the sport.
He was the spokesperson of the F1 drivers. How can you think he was a paria?

People here should really check datas before opening their mouth.

By the way it's time for me to move to Indycar. Gasly is in jail in Alpha Taury and Leclerc will be sacrified in profit of Schumi's son. Politic is still killing F1.

Maybe Hamilton just wants a veto against people like Mazepin and his stupid instagram video.
He's not afraid of competition (if it's not as aggressive as 2016...) and simply wants a nice guy or a bro as a teammate.
He might be envious for the bromance of Lando & Carlos :roflmao: :inlove: :inlove:

The ammount of Verstappen-fanboyism in this thread, that has LITERALLY nothing to do with MV, is just insane.

I love MV as the driver he is, but this growing Verstappen-ultra-followship is getting to a point where its just nothing but annoying.

F1 is not JUST MV.
Not every F1 news has to be MV related.
And not every contract hast MV listed in it, i'm sure.

So lets just relax and enjoy the sport we love.
Be a fan, not a blind-following fanboy

Last edited:
From Motorsport.com

" Wolff also rubbished any talk of Hamilton demanding a driver veto in his contract to avoid being partnered with another superstar driver like Max Verstappen. "

Nobody on the planet can make that distinction.
They couldn't make it during the Schumacher era ...and they sure can't make it here either.
Are they both the most winning drivers? Undoubtedly and without question.... YES.
The changes in cars...the dynamic nature of how the cars in each era behaved, the tires, the HP, the torque implementation, heck! even the tracks used. Those all play a role in race outcomes and levels of difficulty.
It is impossible to say who the greatest driver is.
If you put them all in a spec car, it still would be impossible, since no two cars handle exactly alike.

This looks like confirmation ACC will get a big title update prior to the season starting? I imagine all those drivers will be using their own avatar and cars too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%