Alright when was that again.....?

Same, how?

Just want to make it clear, I'm not a Hamilton fan. But I am curious as to what your point is, so do explain.

I think, he means (Though I'm wrong, very often) national pride. We feel for our fellow Briton, as the Dutch feel for Max. When it comes to Lewis (I spelled it right today) though, he's a bit marmite, splits us right down the middle.

Note to self. Too slow, as ever old fart...

Last edited:
Strange that I ‘am getting attacked by posting a topic from a F1 site, so if it’s not done to do so, I’am leaving:(
Please don't try to play the victim here. You have previous for this, I can remember posts as far back as 2018 and another in 2020 for twisting things, like the title of this thread, towards your particular viewpoint.
So heed the warning and don't cross the line.

I think, he means (Though I'm wrong, very often) national pride. We feel for our fellow Briton, as the Dutch feel for Max. When it comes to Lewis (I spelled it right today) though, he's a bit marmite, splits us right down the middle.

Note to self. Too slow, as ever old fart...

I admire the talent that Hamilton has, no denying that. Also what he trying to do with BLM movement is great, I just don't connect to him on the level like I do with Lando, who is currently my favourite F1 driver. I've grown to admire Vettel over the years, a driver I didn't like earlier on.

With Max, I'm not sure. He can come across as a petulant child at times, has talent of some description. Is he the same level of Hamilton? Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
A couple of more quotes from F1news sites.
"While F1-Insider has proven to a reliable news source in the past, we'll take the info with a grain of salt given the confidential nature of contract talks."

"As Hamilton and Mercedes cross the t's and dot the i's of their new deal, the 95-time Grand Prix winner is purported to have demanded a teammate exclusion clause, or what F1-Insider has labeled a "Verstappen clause", a provision by which Hamilton could bar the entry to Mercedes to any driver by whom he might feel threatened.

While Verstappen will no doubt feel flattered by the clause being named after him, it's unlikely Hamilton will need to keep the Dutchman at bay as the latter's contract with Red Bull runs until the end of 2023, a term by which the Mercedes star will have perhaps sailed into the sunset and moved on to a life beyond F1."

I thought that until I played N2K3 and the original Nascar Heat back in the day, some of the most intense sim racing I've ever played.
Indeed, I've discover oval racing with the old papyrus nascar games. it's intense and running with the pack at high speed is a real challenge requiring constant focus. It's like a F1 starting but all the way to the end, quiet insane.

I understand why a driver wouldn't wish to race on ovals. Terrible crashes occured in these races (incredible alessandro zanardi being the example coming to my mind). It's not something to take not seriously. We all have pur limits. Grosjean having given a chance to survive a huge a serious crash may not want to test his good muck another time. When life gives you a signal just listen to her.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, with Verstappen at RBR with a contract till 2023 and the rule changes in 2022, he will stay there at least the entire 21 and 22 seasons. If 22 turns out a sh*tfest for RBR he might start looking elsewhere. Thats also when Hamiltons new contract is supposedly running out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis were to block Russell if he gets that vetoright. Given Russells pace on the Fast Sakhir ring, completely outpacing Bottas in the race, Lewis might be worried that his career could end like Vettels, beaten in the same championship contending car by the new generation.
And lets face it, after Rosberg, Hamilton isn't keen on fighting a new championship fight. He'd rather secure his records.

Please don't try to play the victim here. You have previous for this, I can remember posts as far back as 2018 and another in 2020 for twisting things, like the title of this thread, towards your particular viewpoint.
So heed the warning and don't cross the line.
YOU CAN REMOVE MY PRIMIUM ACCOUNT, DON’T play god, childrens school.
after I’am crossing the line, I acting childish, I ve had enough, buy.............

Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake! I totally forgot to distinguish between Formula 1 and racing, as Formula 1 is not known for racing...or was it?! ;)

This was a general quote of him to track layouts and not specificially Formula 1...

See, you say it yourself now, but initially you used the quote out of context to justify oval racing.
Mod Edit:
Personal insult removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years