Alright when was that again.....?

Just a guess... but perhaps because he doesn't want to drive ovals?
Yes, if my recollection is correct, He have said several times in the past "I won't race at oval". The reason of that is safety concern and his family don't want him to do so. As a racer, probably he want to soak the great atmosphere of Indy 500 or NASCAR. But he will easily abandon his dream for his family's wish. The episode below suggest this.

He is a brave man and looks like nice guy. I'm happy about he found his new job this soon.

Out of curiosity what is the brand of his steering wheel please ?
The direct drive is from Fanatec but the wheel isn't.
Cube controls, probably an older Formula steering wheel as the CSX2 does not look identical
1612433479247.png

You could ask RG on twitter.

Last edited:
I don't rate him much as an F1 Champion - i don't think he's ever had one memorable win that i can look back at and think 'wow'. Whereas someone like Schumacher has plenty - Spain 96, Spa 95 etc.
Mercedes is like Ferrari in 2002 and 2004. Dominant without real competitors. Makes it plain, makes it boring. And Hamilton being a, in my opinion, too clean racer doesn't make it better.
So, it is hard, ofc, to find a memorable win of Hamilton.

Nothing, in modern F1 history, beats a MSC in his first year with Ferrari, winning Spain in a tough rain race - being faster around 4 seconds a lap.

---

Hamilton a or the GOAT? Nope, he drives really good, he's got an excellent car and team. End of the story. Put VET, VER and ALO in that Mercedes and it will get interesting again.

> Nothing, in modern F1 history .............. And MSC crashing in wet Monaco previous race!!

Except LH Silverstone 2008 and Turkey 2020.

:

F1’s Best Drives #8 – Hamilton’s wet-weather masterclass at Silverstone

F1’s Best Drives #10 – Schumacher walks on water in Spain

Last edited:
I think referring to Grosjean as an "F1 outcast" is a little inappropriate. He was never rejected from the sport or ostracised from it - which is what an outcast is - as he spent 10 years in the sport.
I don't think you could call Grosjean and outcast unless you consider Hulkenburg and Kobayashi the same way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%