Alright when was that again.....?

The Ground affect and grip are nice but the technology of the cars is getting to the point where the track's will out grow them. This is why the FIA try to slow the cars down, it works to a point but there are smart people who can think outside the box and legaly get any grip lost in ways that are ok. Then the idea usually gets banned as other teams don't like it or cant finance it themselves.

As for charms i saw a movie about a Australian touring car driver (Don't recall name) And he had a box with energy crystals in the car. Using polarization to balance it. And had success with it.
This is a brainy answer to what was essentially a joke. :rolleyes:

Saturday's third round of the Farmers Insurance Open turned wild when the leaders made the turn at Torrey Pines.

Rolex 24 At DAYTONA Live Stream

Rolex 24 At DAYTONA Live Stream

With a big lead and a shot to put the tournament away, Patrick Reed got himself into yet another rules situation on the par-4 10th hole. Though he co-leads going into Sunday's finale, the big story in Round 3 was whether he broke yet another rule.

You obviously don't understand the difference between a physics engine and a physics mod.
The article never states that rFactor physics engine is not being used.
" rFactor 2 was used for the graphical user interface and the assets were licensed, but the driving physics was developed from scratch internally at BMW"
This means exactly what I've said before:
" They made a BMW mod with a little help of their drivers and some physics guru like Niels H."
Have a nice day, man.
I do understand the difference, and it's not the case here. You cannot take their BMW "mods" and plug them into your rFactor 2 installation.

rFpro does not include a Vehicle Model. It is designed to wrap around your vehicle models and includes off-the-shelf interfaces exist for all the mainstream vehicle modelling tools across a wide variety of platforms.

rFpro supports a plugin architecture which enables users to replace any or all aspects of the simulation with in-house models developed in Dymola, SIMPACK, CarMaker, CarSim, AVL VSM, LMS AMESim, C++ or Simulink, or with any vehicle model that supports either a Simulink interface (IO Block or S-Function), FMI, or a C/C++ interface (source, .lib or .dll).

Former Renault, Lotus and Haas F1 driver Romain Grosjean has been confirmed in a part season deal to race for the Dale Coyne outfit in IndyCar this season.
  • Grosjean secures IndyCar seat.
  • Set to race on street and road course in 2021.
  • Secures seat with Dale Coyne Racing.

Frenchman Grosjean, 34, has secured a deal to contest road and street course events in IndyCar this season for Dale Coyne Racing - taking his precocious speed state side in a car share arrangement with the popular American outfit ahead of racing kicking off this April.

“I’m very excited for this opportunity to race in the United States in the NTT IndyCar Series,” said the recovering Grosjean at his contract announcement.​

“I had different options in front of me for this coming season and choosing to go IndyCar Racing was definitively my favourite one. Although, I’m not ready yet to take on the ovals! IndyCar has a much more level playing field than what I have been used to in my career so far. It will be exciting to challenge for podiums and wins again.
“My left hand is still healing, but we are just about ready to get back into the race car and to start this next chapter of my career.”

Many will remember the spectacular exit from Grand Prix racing for Grosjean at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix, with the former podium finisher miraculously escaping serious injury from his fireball inducing shunt on the opening lap of the first double header race in Bahrain last year - however it appears that recovery from the burns sustained to his hands are well on the way to getting him back in the car, with the Frenchman even suggesting he plans to contact Toto Wolff to take up Mercedes on their offer of a final Formula One run to wrap up his Grand Prix Racing Career.

2020 Haas teammate Kevin Magnussen has already started his new American career with a switch to IMSA racing for Cadillac, the 28-year-old making his debut in the season opening Rolex 24 Hour at Daytona last weekend - showing strong speed until the team found themselves derailed by a late puncture dropping the team to fifth place overall.

For more from the world of motorsport, don't forget to drop a new thread in the Motorsport sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Grosjean Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I think Grosjean is going to be outstanding in IndyCar once he gets a feel for the series. I've always rated him exceptionally highly, and with his experience and the lightening fast speed he's always had, plus hopefully not needing to completely overdrive the car in order to drag it into at best the top 15 like his latter F1 days, I think we are about to see a very highly performing and spectacular driver this year.

Go Romain !

He will love it. He'll get to drive cars that look 10 times better than present day F1s and he will race in a series where more than two teams have a shot at winning every weekend. My first love is still F1, no question, but the best racing right now is probably in Indycar. (Although I have to say the 24 hrs of Daytona were amazing last weekend.)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing