RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

IndyCar | F1 Outcast Romain Grosjean Secures Coyne IndyCar Seat

I thought that until I played N2K3 and the original Nascar Heat back in the day, some of the most intense sim racing I've ever played.
Indeed, I've discover oval racing with the old papyrus nascar games. it's intense and running with the pack at high speed is a real challenge requiring constant focus. It's like a F1 starting but all the way to the end, quiet insane.

I understand why a driver wouldn't wish to race on ovals. Terrible crashes occured in these races (incredible alessandro zanardi being the example coming to my mind). It's not something to take not seriously. We all have pur limits. Grosjean having given a chance to survive a huge a serious crash may not want to test his good muck another time. When life gives you a signal just listen to her.

Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake! I totally forgot to distinguish between Formula 1 and racing, as Formula 1 is not known for racing...or was it?! ;)

This was a general quote of him to track layouts and not specificially Formula 1...

See, you say it yourself now, but initially you used the quote out of context to justify oval racing.
Mod Edit:
Personal insult removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, I've discover oval racing with the old papyrus nascar games. it's intense and running with the pack at high speed is a real challenge requiring constant focus. It's like a F1 starting but all the way to the end, quiet insane.

I understand why a driver wouldn't wish to race on ovals. Terrible crashes occured in these races (incredible alessandro zanardi being the example coming to my mind). It's not something to take not seriously. We all have pur limits. Grosjean having given a chance to survive a huge a serious crash may not want to test his good muck another time. When life gives you a signal just listen to her.

All true, plus Grosjean is 34(?) and has raced on road courses all of his life. The learning curve would be huge and it would be too dangerous. After seeing pictures of his hands after Bahrein, I understand why he's sticking to road courses.

I think referring to Grosjean as an "F1 outcast" is a little inappropriate. He was never rejected from the sport or ostracised from it - which is what an outcast is - as he spent 10 years in the sport.
He was the spokesperson of the F1 drivers. How can you think he was a paria?

People here should really check datas before opening their mouth.

By the way it's time for me to move to Indycar. Gasly is in jail in Alpha Taury and Leclerc will be sacrified in profit of Schumi's son. Politic is still killing F1.