RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before the first race, I minimized Raceroom to adjust audio levels, and once I came back and loaded onto the grid my dash was a giant grey blob and there was crazy ghosting that increased with the car's speed.
I wondered what was going on as you were much faster than me in practice and qualy but a bit slower in the race. It sorted itself out for race two?

Think I'll leave the set ups to Calvyn.
You'll be waiting a long time to get a setup from him...

Overall fun racing but the problem of people turning into each other was very apparent again tonight. I honestly can't understand why people choose not to use Crew Chief, so I'll make it simple. From now on, Crew Chief will be mandatory in R3E club races.

I think full reverse grids are going to be consigned to the waste bin too. They can be fun but can also cause far too much impatience and chaos. Top 5-10 reverse grids from now on.

Other than that, I'm sad to see the series end to be honest. Love the car, loved the tracks, and it's been great to have so many drivers on track for the last month. Long may that continue! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, thoroughly enjoyable racing.

Disastrous first race with someone spinning me out on the first lap leaving me in last place, no idea who as I've yet to watch the replay. Had to fight my way back through as I was determined not to finish last.

Absolutely loved the second race trying to hold off and keep up with the faster drivers, very clean racing.

See you trackside next week.

Last edited:
No worries @rustymoto. I think I need to work alot on my racecraft, first race for several years for me. Knew that there were a lot of faster guys going to overtake me in R2 but was taken by surprise by the location of a few of them.

Used both crewchief and otterhud so the problem is with me. Heard someone raise their voice in discord after bumping into me, sry for me being unaware.
Still had a great time with some battles.

Used both crewchief and otterhud so the problem is with me. Heard someone raise their voice in discord after bumping into me, sry for me being unaware.
That was probably me, sorry. I was starting to get frustrated at people pushing me off track by that point, but you were not one of them. Our contact was because you braked earlier than me, but in that situation it is down to the following driver (me) to avoid the guy in front. My fault entirely, so I hope it doesn't put you off racing again. :redface:

After eight rounds of action, KO Sletten comes out on top by just four points! :thumbsup: This series brought good grids and some excellent racing, so thanks to all who took part.

Standings04.png

Results04.png

Crew Chief is Mandatory!

From this event onwards the use of Crew Chief will be mandatory in R3E Club Racing. This is due to the increasing number of avoidable incidents caused by drivers pushing each other off track, largely because of a lack of awareness of their surroundings.

Crew Chief is completely free to download and use and is very easy to install. It's main function is that it acts as a spotter, giving you audio warnings when other cars are alongside. This hugely increases driver awareness and leads to far less "pushing and shoving" type incidents while racing.

It's so simple to download and install, and the benefit to everyone in the race is so great, that there really is no reason not to use it. That's why everyone will now be expected to do so, to increase racing quality for all.

You can download Crew Chief from the link below (S3 forums). If you have any questions about how to use it, please post in the linked thread or ask here in the event thread and I will be happy to assist.

Crew Chief Download: Click Here

The Golden Rule

The most important rule we have here on RD is still being ignored by some drivers. Another report was received after last week's event, and another driver has been given a 30 day ban.

I don't know how I can make this any clearer guys... you will not get away with breaking the Golden Rule! Is it really worth the risk of a 30 day ban just to finish a place or two higher in a club race?!

Accidents happen and that is totally fine, but please respect your fellow drivers by following the Golden Rule!

Golden Rule said:
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years