EU IndyCar @ Daytona - Sat 06 Mar 2021

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
The Golden Rule

The most important rule we have here on RD is still being ignored by some drivers. Another report was received after last week's event, and another driver has been given a 30 day ban.

I don't know how I can make this any clearer guys... you will not get away with breaking the Golden Rule! Is it really worth the risk of a 30 day ban just to finish a place or two higher in a club race?!

Accidents happen and that is totally fine, but please respect your fellow drivers by following the Golden Rule!

Golden Rule said:
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

hobsey

Premium
Guildford
I'm really sorry guys but I'm going to have to pull out of this 1.

I'm due to move house at the end of the month and I'm running out if space for packing, so I need to dismantle my simrig for make more room.

Hopefully I will be back when the next mini league starts if i can get BT out quick enough.

Last edited:

rustymoto

Premium
BC, Canada
Raceroom crashed on me, no error just straight to Desktop :mad: ..... but I enjoyed the first half.

Jockeying for position at the start was interesting, and it was quickly apparent that losing the draft for too long would be devastating. With my fuel savings behind @Steve Le Gallez on his first stint we built up a 10s gap to the next group behind, and I was potentially on track to 1-stop the race, starting with the full 70L fuel and having 70 more with under 25 mins to go. It may have required some fuel savings towards the end but possibly not as much of a sacrifice as the length of another pitstop.

I think with oval-spec cars with higher speeds, so that the "tightest line" doesn't always win, and more ways to scrub on the corners (eg. make mistakes) it would be quite a blast with a full grid....

Bob Laycock

Premium
Hi all
Thanks for the race today, I don't know much about setting up a car, so I just lowered the wings put the engine map at highest setting put my foot to the floor and watched you all slowly vanish into the distance.

Or sometimes into the track.

Lots of fun anyway, Sorry I could not take part in the chat but I don't currently have a head set and due to Auckland being in a COVID lowdown I did not get a chance to get one.

However I could listen to the chat,

Best wishes
Bob

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Interesting start, but then myself and Stuart dropped out of touch with the leading pack and were left drafting each other for the first stint. Pit stop went fine (I saw Adam floor it in the pit lane and wondered what he was doing!), but a bit of wheelspin out of my pit box was interpreted as speeding, so I was awarded a drive-through. That left me out on my own for most of the rest of the race.

I'd calculated my fuel based on drafting, thinking I could get away with a single stop. It might have worked and did get me from 10th to 4th as others made a second stop. But being on my own for a while meant I'd end up being short 4-5 litres. Had to make a spash-and-dash which dropped me to 6th in the end.

Anyway, overall somewhat more interested than I expected, to be fair. ;) Glad I went with these cars though, and not the GTO Mustang I was also considering as a "Nascar" substitute... that would have been super boring with less drafting and no P2P! :p