IndyCar: COTA Discussion Thread

No Indy Car on ESPN in Australia this year, bloody Foxtel. ...have to go to YouTube.
At least I can drive the "FRUS" in Raceroom.......hard to handle but a lot of fun.

You make it sound like that makes the racing terrible. Indycars are still crazy fast compared to almost everything else out there. The speed of a car in relation to F1 does not always make for better racing, as seen with GT racing and DPi/LMP2 racing (not counting LMP1 cause WEC's Toyota bias lol) where they're obviously slower but still great fun to watch[/QUOTE]

They'd lap faster for a little bit until they ran out of electricity for their MGU's. then I think they'd be on par or a little slower

You obviously have no clue how the hybrid system works. Wow. Run out of electricity? :roflmao:

In TEN Laps they lap the last car on the grid, the numbers show it. And heres a tip: F1 cars don't run out of 'electricity'.:laugh:

I don't follow Indy, but how come that the rather "curious" line at Turn 19 is allowed?
Is there a specific rule or drivers just get away with it?

I watched it, it was more than turn 19 that they were allowed to run wide without consequences such as turn 1. This leaneacy for me seemed to allow the drivers to force others off the track rather firmly, one car took off a little when hitting the 'sausages'. Not sure how I feel about it.

Is Will Buxton below right? The thought didn't occur to me if honest.

It’s a shame that Indycar can't be seen for free on german tv, I miss the times when they broadcasted it on Eurosport in the 90s. This series offers real and fair motorsport, doesn’t matter that they’re slower than F1, what I want to see is competition and racing one against one and Indycar ticks these boxes for me.

It's true, track limits were not enforced all weekend. It looks a little strange to someone who watches a series where they are enforced, but in some cases it helped racing.

What I didn't like is that the Rosenqvist crash took up 8 laps under yellow. For a broken nose.

It's true, track limits were not enforced all weekend. It looks a little strange to someone who watches a series where they are enforced, but in some cases it helped racing.

What I didn't like is that the Rosenqvist crash took up 8 laps under yellow. For a broken nose.

And that the pits are closed, ruining the leaders race... then when he does pit the car fails.... talk about bad luck.

So , post "colton win" era in indycar:

*New name for the track? :roflmao:
screen839.jpg

https://twitter.com/COTA

* hmmm underage drinking case? lol
screen840.jpg

By mistake :p this gif is the first thing came to my mind

Last edited:
No Indy Car on ESPN in Australia this year, bloody Foxtel. ...have to go to YouTube.
At least I can drive the "FRUS" in Raceroom.......hard to handle but a lot of fun.

Couldn't agree more about the crap coverage on Foxtel! And baby brother 10 Network are even worse, "sigz munz ergo I cuden spell tvee progrumr.........now i iz wun".
I gave up relying on any TV coverage long ago, now I just us an 'alternative' source.
:ninja:
Followed Indycar and CART since the 60's and always found it interesting and mostly entertaining.
Racing is still pretty good and we have a few ANZAC drivers to cheer on but the cars are really fugly.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the race. I like both IndyCar and F1. I do miss that IndyCar is no longer "run what you brung", but given the enormous cost of that, I understand that isn't viable.

The one thing I think IndyCar should do is make those engines more powerful. That will give them something to stand out with, and make the cars even more difficult to drive. I was disappointed how much slower the IndyCars are going down the back straight compared to F1. They were 20 MPH down. I really hope they bring in the 900 hp engines I keep hearing about soon.

The race itself was fun to watch. COTA is a well designed race track giving the drivers plenty of room to race and try different lines (but I didn't like the "no track limits" rule), thus creating a lot of overtaking opportunities. That is the case even with F1 too.

The lack of a crowd at the race was disappointing, but not surprising. Outside of the Indy 500 they never really draw large crowds. I went to a race at Fontana a few years ago, and it was just as light there, (but it sure was fun to watch). I was able to find a seat right at the start/finish line across from the pits ( that would never happen at F1 race), and the tickets were 1/3 the price of a GA ticket to an F1 race. FWIW even NASCAR can't fill the stands like they used to.

Colton Herta is a very good driver, and his team pulled off the perfect strategy to get him to the front. It took some luck to get the victory, but he delivered when it counted on that restart. I'm surprised he's not in the conversation for F1 at some point. He would be a good fit at Haas, but I suspect he will stay in IndyCar where he knows he has a shot at winning every weekend, whereas in F1 if you are not in Red Bull, Ferrari, or Mercedes forget about it.
I was gutted when Rossi's strategy got screwed by that late caution. Another very talented driver IMO. Rumors say he will be at Penske next year. He's already done very well with Andretti Racing, so watch out when he goes to Penske. They are the team to beat in IndyCar (like Mercedes in F1).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%