Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

GSC forced me to repair my car due to the collision at the race start. That cost me another 15seg waiting at the pit stop and ruined any chances I had at the momment to fight for a podium.

The GID can be found here

The instalation is simple:

1) Rename the original d3d9.dll to whatever you want. Ex: d3d9ORIGINAL.dll
2) Rename the original executable to "rFactor"
3) Copy and past the *zip content to the root of your GSC.

Inside the track, use ALT+SPACE to open the GID menu.

Voilà. ;)

GSC forced me to repair my car due to the collision at the race start. That cost me another 15seg waiting at the pit stop and ruined any chances I had at the momment to fight for a podium.

Voilà. ;)
There is a line in the PLR file, I think Smart Pitcrew, where you can deactivate the auto-repair; it gives you the opportunity to tell the pit crew not to repair the damage if you want.

GSC forced me to repair my car due to the collision at the start. That cost me another 15seg waiting at the pit stop and ruined any chances I had at the momment to fight for a podium.

Voilà. ;)

Thank you for the link and installation guidance, much appreciated!

You were definitely a candidate for the podium, bad luck.

Maybe as long as some drivers can't see the starting lights during start, it would make sense to go with a rolling start, especially at endurance races.

Maybe as long as some drivers can't see the starting lights during start, it would make sense to go with a rolling start, especially at endurance races.
People can add an overlay, or they can look in their LCD to see when the clock begins counting.

I agree with rolling starts for endurance races(not sprints), it would keep the entire field in the race at starts, more racers the better as there were alot of early retirements in this race :(

Indy will be racing at Mid-Ohio at the beginning of the next month (August/03/2014). We could do a special event on the friday (Aug/01) or saturday (Aug/02) before the race, using the following MOD's:

> Mid-Ohio VLN Track Addon

> Dallara DW12 IndyCar Addon

We could arrange the server to follow everything exactly how it's gonna be on the real race, such as race time and race lenght. We could ask for dual subscription (I mean 2 friends racing as a team) and a lot of other things to make this event as close as possible to the real one.

I confess that I'd like to see this on rFactor 2: same VLN track and official ISI DW12 recently lauched, but as I've been racing with GSC quorum, maybe this will be the best place to suggest this. As I already tested myself on GSC, it's a nice combo and I think it has everything to be a huge success.

If I am not allowed to create a topic here or to make a suggestion, please feel free to remove the thread. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Wilson. We ran events at Mid Ohio just a few weeks ago as it happens, so I doubt we'll run it again very soon. I'll keep the idea in mind though; I've written it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%