rF2 Indy Car @ Imola - Wed 17th Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yep and sorry Freddy, I was so focused to Nicolas, who was braking so early (20 metres before my braking zone for sure) in first lap and he was very slow in corners , so I just watched not to destroy his back. I didn˙t see you, only noticed in area, where names are, you suddenly disapeared from there. Sorry mate, that wasn˙t intentional, I didn˙t know, you are there.

Good race today guys ;) Lot of fun! Unfortunately my wheel was playing up so whenever I hit a big bump or I turned suddenly it switched to rear onboard cam which made me make a few mistakes! Internet disconnected with 5 mins left, probably due to streaming #oops! Great battle with Joao!

I don't know why I saw Ben spin did I turn in or something? I was right on the outside and went almost straight on due to low grip and unusual line! Sorry if I disturbed when I got lapped I was right on the run-off yet I saw whoever was in P2 go off into the gravel

Yep and sorry Freddy, I was so focused to Nicolas, who was braking so early (20 metres before my braking zone for sure) in first lap and he was very slow in corners , so I just watched not to destroy his back. I didn˙t see you, only noticed in area, where names are, you suddenly disapeared from there. Sorry mate, that wasn˙t intentional, I didn˙t know, you are there.
No problem, I know you are a fair driver. Things can happen :)
@Nicolas Delamare It is much easier to handle the tires with a wheel ;)
I went until half way and had around 80% left or so and I put in some personal best as well as the fastest race lap, but Oscar was cruising I think :D

Yes, I carried 54L, but there was 9L remaining at then end...bad calculation...you're right !
For the tires, mine are good at the end: I could have been able to put the alternates and stay closer to you all the race !

But, I have to say that my setup wasn't the best and my tricky playing style (with a simple gamepad) is not the best choice with grippy cars like this ! And I made a mistake at the variante alta which cost me 5-6 seconds, because when I saw the gap from the leader not reducing like I wanted, I decided to put more pressure and stop saving fuel !
Useless strategy...
So congrats again for the winner :geek:

Good race today guys ;) Lot of fun! Unfortunately my wheel was playing up so whenever I hit a big bump or I turned suddenly it switched to rear onboard cam which made me make a few mistakes! Internet disconnected with 5 mins left, probably due to streaming #oops! Great battle with Joao!

I don't know why I saw Ben spin did I turn in or something? I was right on the outside and went almost straight on due to low grip and unusual line! Sorry if I disturbed when I got lapped I was right on the run-off yet I saw whoever was in P2 go off into the gravel

I was just carrying more speed than 2 of you and made a mistake under braking...messed up my setup with last minute adjusts and got stuck with way too much wing....oh well!

I had an enjoyable race. P6 in Quali, was P4 after Freddys first lap mishap and seemed to be holding on to Matej and Ben I think. I lost concentration and spun at the chicane allowing Freddy through so was P5.
Got a couple of those faulty corner cut warnings in S1 and a drive through which I ignored. The stewards didnt like that and black flagged me.
Still I found some more pace as the practice and race evolved so was happy enough.

I watched the rest of the race and enjoyed Matej and Nicols battle.

Thanks all.

It wouldn't let me download the mod for this

You mean the server mod? You only need it to join the server. After the race it's best to uninstall and delete the mod file.

Go to the mod manager. In the mod manager you'll see 2 tick boxes. "Mod" and "components". Only tick the "mod". Then you'll see all the server mods you have installed. Keep those clean!!! You don't need them to race offline. Keep only the server mods installed for upcoming online events.

Edit: normally: if you join a server, it will automatically download the mod and install it. But sometimes this feature doesn't work. So we always give a link to manually install the server mod if needed.

Last edited:
That can happen sometimes :(. I think there is a bug when you have a missing component.
There are two thing you can try.
  1. Restart the game
  2. Install the vmod manually

No you don't have all the components to be installed. "get mod" via server doesn't always work on pasworded servers. :coffee:
If it doesn't work, you need to download the Vmod from here and install it via the mod manager.

If "get mod" was working properly you don't have to download or install anything manually. :geek:
You could just login to the server.
Mod file would download automatically
If components were missing: click on missing components.

@Jim Brailsford , Try to login to the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GT4 server. It's using ISI default content. So it should work flawlessly. You don't have to have anything installed. ;)

But there are complaints about it on the ISI forum. It takes a few (or a lot) attempts to "get mod".
This bug strikes passworded servers most. :(

For this time, I have DL the .rfmod from the server, and it was good ! But usually I always DL them from the website.
The "get missing components" button is useless for now ! When ISI will say: "Ok guys that function is fixed forever, you can go on", in that moment I'll check it ! ;)

What is the mod for anyway, If I have the car and track downloaded what is the missing part?

To put it simple: a Vmod links a car/track combination. We usually use the default race rules in the club races. Nice and simple. ;)

But a custom Vmod could contain more: It contains all race regulations:
- What safety car to use, all safety-car procedures: leaders lap pit, laps pit closed under yellow, lucky dog settings: lock dog pas left, right, all. ==> mostly used for oval racing.
- with a rolling start: allow passing on green or past the start finish line.
- Team pit groups: some tracks with a 2-3 car pit box allow teams to share that pit box. Like in F1 the 2 cars are in 1 box side by side.
- Speed limit overrides: like formation lap speed, pit speed during race and other sessions.
- Parc Fermé settings...
- Fuel-level lock during quali: So your fuel-level after quali will be the fuel-level at the start of the race.
- DRS rules: Where and when to allow DRS during sessions.
- ... and more

These race rules are to be set in the RMF file which is embedded in the Vmod. example click here

But a Vmod could also contain track/car modifications:
For example: you want to have Malaysia with 2 DRS zones and modified billboards and a car with custom physics and league liveries with team names. The modifications are embed in the Vmod. They are only a few Mb's. And if you uninstall the Vmod, all content is back to normal.

All these things are for the server/league host to create. The user should simply login to the server and the mod file should download and install automatically. The user could practice the Vmod offline by selecting the Vmod under "series" in offline/singleplayer modus.

Read this thread: click here: it explains a lot about "mods" vs "components".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%