Indy Car Custom season

Hello racers,

I want to start a custom Indy car championship with tracks from F1 and original indycar.

I want to run 20 minutes races. My questions are:
1. If I set tyre wear x4, will the AI pit once in the race? Also I want to runt with fuel usage off so no refueling.

2. If the tyre wear things does not work, maybe I can try fuel usage x4 to ensure everyone is pitting once. What do you think?

Thank you in advance
I look forward to your answers

It's a while now since I did some similar races.
If I remember right, in AMS the AI did not pit for fuel, ever. (when their tyres wear, they will pit for tyres, and refuel at the same time if necessary, but they will not pit due to low fuel - they will run out of fuel).

So in other words, (unless some recent update has changed this & I don't believe it has), don't bother with your second option.

Yes, try 4x tyre wear and hopefully they will pit at least once.

But it's best, before you start your season, to take a bit of time and run a trial race. Set all your options, and start the race. You can then immediately retire from the race (or switch your car to AI), and then sit and watch while fast forwarding. (although it is not a bad idea to race as well so that you can judge your own tyre wear at the same time).
Accelerating time will speed things up, the AI tires will still wear, so you will see when they pit. If they pit too soon or too late, just change the tire wear setting and try again.

The only thing to bear in mind is, this does not mean your tyres will wear at the same rate, so you might find you are pitting earlier or later than them. But hopefully it will be similar enough that you will all pit only once.

Also . . . Google "rfactor2 Log Analyzer". It is a powerful tool which works with Automobilista (an rfactor-based sim)---and is a better alternative for season creation and points tracking than the glitchy built-in seasons of AMS.

...I've done it for quite a few of the tracks using the CART Extreme mod . . . I could shared the GDB file edits if you'd like.

Yes please :geek:. I think that would be great for a lot of people to reference and use.

I kind of wish there was a section for tips and tweaks, like there is for mods, where people could post things like this. There are so many tweaks to various files that have a real impact of the enjoyment of the game. It would be lovely to have dedicated subforum to post and search through these things, and save everyone having to do things like this manually again and again when someone has already taken the time to do so.

Here is an example of my Barber.gdb file which has at the end a section "Pitstopstrategies" and the names of the drivers in my Cart Extreme season. The syntax is important---the name . space . = .space. <number of stops> .space. hyphen .space. <lap of first stop>,<lap of second stop>

This works very well, with AI stopping roughly on the lap numbers specified.

I like to race about an hour . . . but find that on mods, especially, AI tire wear is not as severe as mine . . so I like two-stop races to keep the stints a bit shorter to neutralize the AI's tire advantage.

This thread explains the details better than I could.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/force-ai-pit-stop.1154/

BTW---I added "ini" to end of the file so it would upload in this forum. I would suggest copying and pasting the lines you want into the gdb for any track you want to control the pitstops.

Attachments

• Barber.gdb.ini
    3.7 KB · Views: 191
Thanks for posting that, for some reason I thought that had stopped working in one of the later updates, but I'm glad to hear it still works, it's a good way of making the Ai pit around the same time as the player.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%