rF2 Indy 125 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Oval Night) - Wednesday 2nd March 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
dallara-dw12-jpg.58062

Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM INDY
Track: ISI Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Car: ISI Dallara DW12 Indy car

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: Low
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
19:30 GMT
Qualifying: 19:45 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 19:55 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:00 GMT - 50 laps [rolling start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Tobias Röhner
  3. Joao Fernandes
  4. Erwin Greven *
  5. Stefan Woudenberg
  6. Marc
  7. Andreas Oehrlich
  8. Matheus Machado
  9. Franco Becagli
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 11

Last edited:
Had a great time online, but had to bail out of the race as my throttle paddle didn't work, which made me loose speed every lap. I had changed the deadzone to 50% but that didn't solve the problem. :(

I stayed online and took away many penalties. I saw some close racing and great fires. :D

I will need to fix my hardware before the next race. Thanx for the race guys.:thumbsup:

I know I bitched and moaned for most of the night but this was actually pretty fun. Though I have to thank (like most of us) @Stefan Woudenberg, if he didn't have issues and was forced to quit we all probably would've gotten DQ'ed because of the bullshit penalties. I don't think that we need to remove safety cars though. Just disable the penalties.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the event! :D

If you guys could let me know what changes should be made regarding penalties and the like that would be incredibly helpful. Then I can make appropriate adjustments to the server configuration for the next event. :thumbsup:

It's tricky @Daiman Patel , because removing penalties altogether would also remove the speeding in pitlane penalty. I also think that the penalty system is directly tied to the flag system, which means that if we want to remove penalties it might mean no more safety cars which we dont want.
Basically we want ( I think ) to remove all penalties except pitlane speed, and keep the flag rules (for saftey cars).

+1 to @Tal
In retrospect, I think the gear ratios we were running were still rubbish. Would've made the most sense to have a fourth and fifth gear for normal driving and the 6th as the draft gear. Gotta take note for that for a potential RD Indy 500 :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back