Industry! New ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Previews Revealed...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 4.jpg

Everyone likes a nice picture of places of work, represented in digital form... don't they?

With the upcoming 'Beyond the Baltic Sea' map expansion for European Truck Simulator 2 well on the way to completion over at SCS Software, the developers have decided the time feels right to do another nice little screenshot drop from the upcoming DLC - showing off some of the new industry types set to be added to the popular truck driving simulation.

Now ETS 2 and its younger counterpart American Truck Simulator aren't exactly everyone's cup of tea, but even those not impressed with the idea of hauling load over long distances can't fail to be impressed by the detail that SCS Software applies to everything they do with their truck driving games, and the most recent images show no signs of slowing down from the impressive Czech developers.

So like I said at the head of this article, everyone likes images of industry don't they?...

ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 1.jpg
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 2.jpg
ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 5.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 6.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 7.jpg ETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 8.jpgETS 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Preview 3.jpg

Interested in the previous preview image reveal? If so, check them out HERE.

European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim are both available exclusive to PC on the Steam network now.

If long and short distance hauling of varied cargo is your cup of tea, or if you are curious as to what the fuss is all about, then why not have a poke around in our ETS 2 and ATS sub forums to see if anything strikes your fancy? Oh and we host mods too...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the look of the latest previews? Looking forward to the new DLC map expansion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
the detail in these expansions is great, the original map most cities feel the same apart from the landmarks so its a nice addition. Just be nice if theyd add snow as a weather effect or proper seasons rather than having to use season mods one at a time

ETS2 is really cool and fun game! it it could be big bigger and include more car types like a VANs, small trucks, It would be even better

this detail looks impressive, but I always felt like the part where it needs update is the actual roads/highways etc. , not the buildings around track and in cities.

we need ETC3 :)

this detail looks impressive, but I always felt like the part where it needs update is the actual roads/highways etc. , not the buildings around track and in cities.

Indeed, the basemap could use a very, very big overhaul to get on par to the France and Italia DLC’s. A more extended roadmap with more regional connections would be welcome. And an upgrade to DX11 would be nice.

But let’s not forget in it’s current state it’s already an awesoom cool game to lose many, many hours in. And as I said, with the French and Italian DLC in mind, I can only imagine Baltic Sea DLC is just again a little step up.

My pocket is also ready to spend. Just like the voice of RD :p:thumbsup:.

And next to that, I hope 1.31 will soon get out of beta. Some very nice stuff in that update :thumbsup:.

Id love to see a logging dlc down the road.
I've driven alot of old logging roads out in the mountains of western canada and have come across many roads that just boggle my mind that a semi with a full load of lumber made it through there.
Single lane dirt road hairpin on the side of a mountain, no guardrail with a 1000 ft drop off. That will pucker up your anus :)

But let’s not forget in it’s current state it’s already an awesoom cool game to lose many, many hours in. And as I said, with the French and Italian DLC in mind, I can only imagine Baltic Sea DLC is just again a little step up.

My pocket is also ready to spend. Just like the voice of RD :p:thumbsup:.

And next to that, I hope 1.31 will soon get out of beta. Some very nice stuff in that update :thumbsup:.
French and Italia I think it's the two I didn't get. I got the Norway

I’ve got it in the opposite. Mainly because there are some intersections you have to come accross a lot of times if you want to play for a 100% map achievement. But when it comes to too many repeting same cities for instance, that’s certainly a downside of the French and Italian DLC. And indeed the localized and less generic roads are indeed a very positive point of the Scandinavian DLC.

Looks amazing, but i want them to add jobs that have tighter time frame, higher paid and much harder to pick up and drop off. Like in the Scania truck game where you did challenges to pick up trailers from really hard spots and had to drop them off in hard spots so you had to use all your truck driving skill navigating around objects etc. It was something i felt was going to bring some challenge fun to the game and i got bored after i had bought all trucks and pimped them out. Felt i wanted more challenge. They could do that by letting the jobs stay as they are but just add 1 or 2 extra jobs everywhere that require more skill to pick up and drop off.

For example i loved in the Scania challenge game to drop off trailers on a boat that was parked at a dock with lots of trailers and containers in the way so you had to back skillfully around the other stuff to drop off the trailer on the boat.

Anywhoo, they sure manage to do great looking scenery and places. Great texture work. :)

I feel though like at this point, it just might be better to wait for ETS3

France and Italia are really good Patrick, a significant step up from the base map and even Scandinavian DLC. Although if you don't like toll roads it's a bit of a PITA and Italy has some really slow speed limits!

Not sure if a sequal is planned at all as they're adding to the base game with a LOT of stuff.

But the base map needs an upgrade for sure, more drivers too, and more things to spend money on I have almost 800 million and every depot full of trucks (most with no drivers).

I don't think it's viable to keep updating game, .. selling new content yes, but doing a overhaul of the old one - not really. It's a lot of $$$ and won't really make new sales necessarily

plus, for the new content , you don't need programmers and lot of other people, so to me it's logical to put these on the development of the new game engine.

new maps can be great addition for sure, but they won't change game mechanics

as I said, I would love to see more variaty of vehicles you can have, including VANs for perhaps deliveries within cities

and DARE I say a bit bigger map ? it's great to be driving all the way from england to south of italy, but it shouldn't take you 30-40 minutes :)

but yeah, overall it's a great game and I really enjoy it time to time

I'd also like to see coaches, there are bus stations in the cities that do absolutely nothing (but I have to drive into them to map 'em LOL!).

Patrick have you got the Special deliveries DLC? that added some new gameplay (albeit not a hell of a lot). Random events like in ATS are coming into ETS2 as well.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%