Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

So I'm experimenting with skinning and such for GSCE and I'm trying to alter one of the default Formula 3 liveries to use the digital dash rather than the wheel that has all the info on it because I prefer to drive without the wheel visible.

I'm stuck as to how to tell the livery which internal cockpit to use.

So I'm experimenting with skinning and such for GSCE and I'm trying to alter one of the default Formula 3 liveries to use the digital dash rather than the wheel that has all the info on it because I prefer to drive without the wheel visible.

I'm stuck as to how to tell the livery which internal cockpit to use.
In the car's .veh file there is a line that says Cockpit=

Change that line to this Cockpit=F3_cockpitinfoB.ini and it should use the other cockpit.

Thing is I thought I tried that and it didn't seem to work....

EDIT. Yea I just tried it and swapping it in any vehicles' .veh file doesn't seem to do anything. The difference is clear, whichever one I find with either A or B is the appropriate type of dash, it just doesn't seem to change even if I edit it.

Is there some cache I need to purge or something?

Actually if someone would convert the 4 layouts for the track at Shannonville that would make a nice Canadian addition. The copy I have was made for GTR2 and GTR2 Evolution. The copy I could make available to a talented person.

Last edited:
Thing is I thought I tried that and it didn't seem to work....

EDIT. Yea I just tried it and swapping it in any vehicles' .veh file doesn't seem to do anything. The difference is clear, whichever one I find with either A or B is the appropriate type of dash, it just doesn't seem to change even if I edit it.

Is there some cache I need to purge or something?

I might be wrong about this, but as well as changing the cockpitinfo A or B line, try changing the
GenString=AC line as well (I suspect it is the first letter - A for cockpit A and B for cockpit B, leaving the second letter as it is).

It's a pure guess but looking at a few of the files, the letters seem to match, so it must be worth a try :)

Well worked fine now. I think maybe I was messing it up by creating a backup of the file I was editing and storing it in a new folder in the same directory.

Okay, new question. How do you make metallic paint jobs?

I know what you mean, @leon_90 as in my country there isn't any V8SC broadcast whatsoever. Luckily there is some streaming, torrents and YouTube :)

There is so many great moments within it.

I'm sure you must've heard about Mount Panorama aka "Bathurst":
or about Adelaide (short-layout)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAFRS5r2g8E
(sorry for link instead of embedded video - forum won't allow me to post more than 1 video).

I hope trying to bring new fans for the series won't be seen as an offtopic by anyone here. :)

During last year I discovered Bathurst (I know that it may sound like an heresy :roflmao::roflmao:) and I found some channels where I am following many racing series, some of which were unknown to me like the Japanese Super GT. Now I am following Formula E, Brasilian Stock Car, Indycar, Super GT, in addition to F1 and MotoGP and I plan to add some australian V8 to the programme :geek::D here in Italy people knows mainly only F1 and MotoGP, everything else is much lesser known (and 99% of the time even not broadcasted) :mad: now, closing off-topic ;)

Reactions: hex
  • Deleted member 130869

I've come across this just now at Brasília 2:

GRAB_000.JPG GRAB_003.JPG

When the fuel warning comes up that grey layover appears. Also do notice the gap between chassis and cockpit.

just tweaking the setup, got 51.6 at long beach. There is room to improve to 51.4... The pole position was around 50.9.
From the onboard videos at that time, I can see that at turn 5 and 6, the S before the backstraight, they go flat, while with this mod, you can't get 2nd gear and flat out. The same around the hairpin exit.

Hopefully Reiza took note of how fast the funding came for this and do a similar crowd funding to have them purchase the rf2 engine for there next release :)

Now you';re talkin'!! Man , could you imagine what Reiza could do with the RF2 engine and then set their sites on a full blown V8 Supercars mod / game ?? I'd pay good money for that sucker! I have the OSRM mod installed along with a few other mods , like Blancpain , Cart Extreme and a few others. But I would have to say I've spent more time in the OSRM V8SC mod then any other mod out there. Love it!

Sooner or later ( and the day will come ) when Reiza really gets their name out there and finally starts making big money like iracing. They deserve every bit of it! Best damn sim ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%