Indianapolis - Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding turn 1 at Indianapolis, the markerboards in the game is way too small:
img_25082014_094330-png.62367

They force you to fully focus on them, instead of on the car in front, otherwise you'll miss them, which is really not ideal when somebody in front of you decide to brake a little earlier. And the ones on the right are even worse for this use, as you could so easily miss especially the first one.

This is a screenshot of a 2014 lap with Rahall, and how they should look - notice how easily visible it is, because it is bigger, even in twilight conditions:
img_25082014_093536-png.62369

From a driver's perspective, I would recommend they be made a little bigger, for safety, if possible.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_25082014_094330.png
    IMG_25082014_094330.png
    346 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_25082014_093536.png
    IMG_25082014_093536.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 686
I found some issues on this track which really drive me crazy.
The HDR on a morning session is awful. The sun totally blocks the view of T4, T7 (the one that's leading to the back straight), first haripin and the last corner. Since there are no brake markers there and curbs are blue I don't see the track. Turning the HDR off helps but then the DRS lights don't work.

Never noticed that, I just brake where dark rubber begins. In the end of back straght i brake where bridge is. It almost looks like there are no brake markers at all. But yeah, it is better to make them bigger.

Nehh, its ok :)

It's OK if you only focus on them, but when you focus on them to find your breaking point and the guy in front of you brakes too early, it's a real buggerup.

You must also keep in mind most of us aren't nearly at your level, so it might seem easy when you have an open track all the time, but when you're behind someone here, it's got potential for quite a few screwups.

I wouldn't count on any marker changes. Regarding HDR, at morning time sun is at low angle so it would affect your driving in real life as well. If you put clock at 9 AM in Assetto Corsa you will get exactly this same glare, even worse. Anyhow, race (and FP/Q sessions) will start at later times if correctly configured, race probably at 1-2 PM, so it shouldn't be issue then.

I wouldn't count on any marker changes. Regarding HDR, at morning time sun is at low angle so it would affect your driving in real life as well. If you put clock at 9 AM in Assetto Corsa you will get exactly this same glare, even worse. Anyhow, race (and FP/Q sessions) will start at later times if correctly configured, race probably at 1-2 PM, so it shouldn't be issue then.
OK Thank you JES.

I'll be honest I also usually use markers as a guide to where to brake but driving this track I had little difficulty in adjusting that for that corner so should not be a problem in my view.

Sorry but this is a quite a reply... Probably and IF correctly configured? What about making sure that it is set up correctly and give exact precise time. 1 or 2? You know it makes a significant difference... this goes back to what I said earlier here.. no need to repeat it.

Triple-facepalm-picard-812.jpg

Seriously dude. I made my post purely as a recommendation from my personal view. Some agreed, some didn't, but there was no attempt at animosity towards anyone. John-Eric gave a proper reply, and either 1 or 2PM does not matter, since the sun would be - yup, you guessed it - on the OTHER side. Thus, glare would be cancelled out in the most affected corners.

Now you bring up politics again. Come on, relax a little and at least act like you're enjoying FSR, because deep down, I believe you do. ;)

I don't expect you low-level operating hobbyists to understand anything. Once again if the main FSR representative states that it will be A or B IF corrected then that is not exactly a strong assurance is it. Serious people need to know exactly obviously.

No idea what you're referring to. According to the race tracks, we're all on the same level. Anything you see more is just an illusion. ;)

Back on topic - great, so we will at least be able to see the corners, if not the corner markers at turn 1, but that's the lesser of the 2 evils for me.

I don't expect you low-level operating hobbyists to understand anything. Once again if the main FSR representative states that it will be A or B IF corrected then that is not exactly a strong assurance is it. Serious people need to know exactly obviously.
The difference is: We "low-level hobbyists" are involved in FSR and you`re not anymore.
So maybe you`re doing something wrong and not we?!

Can't get more exact than David's post. :D

As a driver I tested at Spa last week and did some setup but I have no issue with the change to Indianapolis and fully understand it. Anyway if you did do some setup for Spa that's no bad thing. We will still be running Spa at a later date so you can use that setup info then so you've not lost anything.

Why Indianapolis? Not a great track IMO, why not use F1RFT's version of Hungary, brilliant version of the track with no bugs at all, and it would make sense as it coincides with f1 as it's after Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%