Increasing AI realism in rFactor

Hi, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm posting it here because the rFactor section doesn't exist anymore.

I currently run an F1 AI series, next year will be my fourth year of using rfactor to run it and each year the AI has had a huge step up in realism.

There are many ways that I'm wondering if the AI can be improved in a particular way.

First off, increase the rate of drivers crashing out (in a realistic way)

There are quite a few retirements each race in my AI series but most of them are mechanically related. what Im trying to work out is Is there a way I can increase the amount of retirements that are related to a driver mistake or something like that? I've tried turning AI mistakes in the PLR to maximum but it makes cars just go straight on at particular corners rather than causes drivers to say, go wide or accelerate too hard from a corner. Also is it possible to make the AI cars stall the engine from a spin or something like that?

Also what I find annoying about the AI cars is when they spin, they just accelerate straight into a barrier, they don't make an effort to avoid it. Is there a fix to that? Also what's annoying is they don't wait for a space to rejoin, they just rejoin whether there are cars coming or not, for example on one occasion a back marker spun, rejoined straight into the leader causing the leader to lose the front wing and the win.

Also is it possible to make rfactor automatically retire cars who lose their rear wings?

The second thing I'm wondering whether there can be an improvement on is the racing. First off there is only one type of pass that rfactor,s AI has often which is the inside pass. Is it possible to make it so the AI try things more risky, like try an overtake round the outside (like Grosjean on Hamilton in Valencia last year) and perform things like the switchback or the dummy. Also the thing I'm wondering about is AI Limiter. If I put it on 1.000000 the racing is too unrealistically close. If I put it on 0.000000 the racing is more realistic but can be really boring (like only 5 overtakes per race) What is the best number to put AI Limiter on to make the racing realistic (not too close) but it can be exciting as well, like in real F1 (I'd like to make it so there is a possibility of a driver dominating a race but also the possibility of an epic battle for the lead).

Finally, AI defending and overtaking. Is it possible to make the AI actually make an effort to defend their positions. Also another thing I find annoying about the AI is that sometimes when they try an overtake round the inside it backfires as they steer more to the inside and not only lose the position but lose a position to the guy behind as well.

I'm not hoping to sort out every single one of these issues. I'm asking, what is the best settings to put the AI on in the HDV and the PLR file

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited:
http://opk-liga.eu/index.php/forum/12-navodila/618-qtricksq-for-rfactor.html
Improved AI:

You can activate the option to learn the path our IA "suitable" for any clue that we have installed in the simulator. For this, we can: * Edit the file. prl to your profile (in my case FuL4n0.prl, which is in c :/ rFactor / userdata) with notepad and find the following line:

said:
Autocalibrate AI Mode = "1" / / When in a test day with 1 AI, AI will Attempt to historical perfect driving line, and save for future use historical Knowledge

Drawn risky OF IA "PLR"

Auto Line Smooth = "3" with "1" Only good will on the line, with "2" inside and out with 3 good will on the line, outside and inside.

% OF ACCIDENTS OF IA "PLR" AI to AI Collision Rate = "40"
The greater the number, the less accidents AI. RACE WILL KEEP IN "train" "PLR" AI Limiter = "0.00000" 1.00000 Putting in the will see more real racing cars off the hook.

CONTROL THE NUMBER OF ERRORS THAT COMMITS THE IA "PLR" AI Mistakes = "0.20000" not recommend going from 0.500000, but tastes ...

CONTROLLING THE BRAKING OF IA "PLR" AI Brake_Power Usage = "" 0.98000 "" / / Fraction of Theoretical brake power. If they charge you brake too late because you can download it from here.

INSPECT BRAKE GRIP "PLR" AI Brake_Grip Usage = "0.97250" / / Fraction of Theoretical brake grip.

REMOVE THE ORIGINAL SPOTTER rF SAYS YOU TIME FOR RETURN: "plr" Spotter laptimes = "0" / / Report laptimes: 0 = never 1 = non-race 2 = always avoid jumps and snags in multiplayer.

To improve the behavior of the AI a bit more we can share our setups .... This is useful because eg. on tracks like Indianapolis by far the area to be good, still not competitive and you will get a decent setup above 330 km / h at the end of the line and they will sweat to get the 310-315 km / h with its default setup so you can make little competition ... To improve on this aspect to your opponents offline ... the 1150 rFactor also allows us to cede our setup and use it ... the steps to achieve these are : * Have a good setup lol evident. *

Using the example IMOLA: Let C :/ Program Files / rFactor / GameData / Locations / imola imola.gdb and edit the file, look for the lines siguietes: SettingsAI = imola.svm - -> this is the setup when the AI look into this track to be used if available, therefore, copy and rename our setup by IMOLA.SVM (in our example, we always rename the name to come on. acabos gdb to edit in SettingsAI line) and paste it in the folder of the car ... if we use the CTDP for example, because it will stick in c: rFactor\gamedata\vehicles\ctdp\ctdpcars (I think that's the route I have is that not front the game now) Note: if after sharing our setup with the IA for the circuit "X" to go into the AI testing to learn this circuit "X", will make learning with your new setup, so the gear ratios etc etc ... are those indicated in the shared setup and learn the racing line for this config good .... which is highly recommended ... if we do not have to share setups just let it learn the circuit with their default setups as we indicate in Section 1 ....

I copied this from http://opk-liga.eu/index.php/forum/12-navodila/618-qtricksq-for-rfactor.html. I hope there are a few lines which could help a bit.

Hi guys!

This a little bit old topic but I'm wondering that isn't this "AI learning" thing at certain tracks is the cause of the AI drivers are in single file all the race? Because that's for me is an immersion killer, in fact that's why I hate to race against the AI.
I want the AI to make mistakes, race slightly different lines so it looks more like racing against humans.

in the [driver].plr you will find:
AI Limiter="1.00000" // Range: 0.0 (no limiting) - 1.0 (limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks)
AI Mistakes="0.00000" // a range of (intentional) AI mistakes from 0.0 (none) to 1.0 (sometimes). Anything above 1.0 multiplies the frequency

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back