Increased Tyre Wear

Misc Increased Tyre Wear 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dantho28 submitted a new resource:

Increased tire wear - Tyres, Wear

Greetings to all,

The first warning is that this little MOD is not realistic, however I like to propose more wear to the tires so that in the race there are at least 2 stops for each driver (I play races at 50%).

Second warning: this first release is only a test, I understand if you don't like it or it doesn't work perfectly yet.

At this moment the MOD has the wear multiplied by 2.4%, it seemed to me a good number so that in most races the first 10 drivers are not affected by starting the...

Read more about this resource...

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-09 at 10.17.07.jpeg

good idea, but you exaggerated a lot. in a race at 50% the AI did 4 pitstops and the soft tires last a maximum of 3 laps. I agree with the idea of having at least 2 pits every race, but 4 is too many. I'm waiting for updates!

good idea, but you exaggerated a lot. in a race at 50% the AI did 4 pitstops and the soft tires last a maximum of 3 laps. I agree with the idea of having at least 2 pits every race, but 4 is too many. I'm waiting for updates!
Thank you for your feedback.

I like the crazy 3 or 4 stop races hahaha. But you're right, I'm working on different options for any race distance. I hope to launch it this week :)

Although it also depends on the circuit, the first ones like Bahrain, Vietnam has too much wear, but for example Monza or Russia are circuits that with le Mod I think if they go to two stops.

Thanks for the simple mod, I had lots of fun with it so far! Saw nobody did a review so I thought I'd do one. I got a question though:

Is it possible for you to also upload a version with 1.7 tire wear multiplier (instead of 2.4)? Unfortunately, the ERP tool does not work properly on my machine, else I would've done this myself. I would like to try mix things up with different wears for some seasons (just like in real life), and I would dearly appreciate your support.

Could you please be so kind to help me out?

Of course, sorry for the delay and thank you very much for your comment.

I will make it to work also in 25% of race, lately I have had a lot of work but in the evening I will help you with one of 1.7 ok?

Thank you very much

Of course, sorry for the delay and thank you very much for your comment.

I will make it to work also in 25% of race, lately I have had a lot of work but in the evening I will help you with one of 1.7 ok?

Thank you very much
Yup, that is more than okay! As long as both the player and the AI cars are affected by the same 1.7x tire wear, it's much appreciated!

One quick questions: As far as I know, this change will also apply to already-started career modes, correct?

of course it's a cross mod, I'm about to raise the wear to 2.5 or 2.6 because in race mode when you improve the durability the tire wear improves.

Yea, I think for 25% races the wear should be lower than for 50% / 100% races so that everyone pits 2 times only, because if some pit more than others they won't have time left to gain the pit stop time back on track to even it out (especially the top 10 who starts on used tires), since the races are very short.

I mostly play 50% / 100% races though cuz they are more fair if you have drivers with bad Quali. ;)

Edit: Actually, now that I think better of it, a value of 1.7x might suit 25% races well. I could test it out if you want, the feedback might help you find the right value.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years