increased tirewear since using Nixim brakemod

Hi,

I' ve often been driving 1 hour races lately lots in the minis.
Before I had installed the nixim brakemod I was weaker the first part of the race, but came back in the second part cause of being good on my tires
with the Niximmod installed I gained a bit raw pace but now I am a lot harder on my tires.
I often get into trouble in the closing stages of the race.

Anybody has a similar experience or recognizes this?
Not that I'm not satisfied with the mod cause my G25 has a more realistic brakepedalfeel now
but which advice can you give me on:
1) adjusting my driving style
2) maybe adjusting my setup (before the mod it was extremely good for my tires though)

I have like brakepressure set to a 100%
brakebias is 58/42
or is it camber or tirepressure itself?

Any advice is welcome
(except: choose shorter races :D)

Thnx in advance

Tim

I recently bought the mod too recently but I haven't come across and extra tyre wear. If its through locking up your tyres what you could try is turning the brake pressure down abit to try and stop the locking or moving the brake bias back a bit. But the later will effect the balance under braking a bit

I've been using the Nimim mod V2 for about a year and a half now.
To get a real feel with it, you have to drop your brake pressure down to 80/85% and work it from there.

You need to remember, its trying to simulate a real brake with a two stage spring. Having your brakes at 100% is a waste of the mod. In some cars I've dropped it right down to 70%, the way it feels is incredible.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%