Resource icon

Tracks Increased number of AI cars for San Francisco GRiD HQ-Real 1.0 2020-06-01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Marcoca61 submitted a new resource:

Increased number of AI cars for San Francisco GRiD HQ-Real 1.0 - Increased number of AI cars for San Francisco GRiD HQ-Real 1.0

I made a change to the max number of AI cars for race, increasd frpm 16 to 26. This change doesn't have negative effect on pit stops, but since there are only 15 pit box, some car seems to be graphically superimposed. You can always choose to use a smaller number of cars. Added also an approximate track lenght and width. Put the modified file (ui_track.json) in track folder/UI subfolder, make a backup copy of the original file before.

Read more about this resource...

Does this mean you have AI cars on top of each other in the pits if I go above 16 cars? I just have original version loaded plus your new pitlane line.

I looked at your UI file and anyone can increase the pitboxes number to what ever they want, but the KN5 file has to have valid number of pit stalls and starting grids to match the 26 number. Otherwise cars will just bounce on top of each other if the KN5 file only has 15 valid spots and you try to make it do 26 spots in the UI file.
I will try your file and see what it does and put my results here.

Added: This does not work by just changing the UI file pitboxes number and not editing the KN5 file to match pitboxes number desired. Read my review. I have edited and tested many tracks and know what happens when numbers dont match.

I did like your new pitlane and fastlane lines additions, those worked great.

Last edited:
Marcoca61 - No problem, replying to your comment on my review. Not your fault. The max pitboxes - say 16- in the UI file have to match the max pitboxes - 16- in the KN5 file. You can make the UI pitboxes number less than 16, but dont work properly when you go above the 16 number for RACE mode or doing racing in WEEKEND mode. There are only 16 actual starting grid spots and if you add a car 17 to UI file, it will fall on top of the 1st car in the starting grid, having 2 cars for the same spot. As the UI number gets larger, it will put you on top of another car in one of the actual 16 starting grid slots.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back