Increase the weight of the wheel

I rave about GSC all over the place and until I drove the Lotus 125 on Assetto Corsa which is just sublime, I knew their was something missing from GSC Extreme and I couldn't place it. Well, I finally came to the conclusion that it was the weight of the wheel of my G27. I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but the wheel on GSC just seemed a little too smooth and easy. I think IMHO it is perfect now and everyone else might want to give this a try. Try increasing the FFB steer friction coefficient from ="0.17500 to "0.37500" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0. The command is located in your GSC2013/userdata/"user"/controller(.ini). To me it has increased the weight of the wheel to be more consistent with the real weight and performance of each car.

I will have to check it later...
But inside the game there isnt much options to set your FFB. There isnt a steering lock option for you to set the sensibility.
The biggest problem I have with AC is this. The wheel on the screen turns a lot lot more than what Im actually turning on my G27 wheel.
There is a guide wizard in the Game, where you can calibrate your wheel, but even if I do that it doesnt work ok when I go to the track.

Depends on your other settings I guess ...
What are your setting in the Logitech profiler and your ingame FFB settings?
I like to feel all the bumps and engine vibrations, but not to harsh or unrealistic, so from experimenting I have decided that Global / Overall Effects strength 124/ Spring effects 50/ damper 100. I have Assetto Corsa, GTR2, RBR2014 and GSC Extreme and this setting seems just right to me.

But inside the game there isnt much options to set your FFB. There isnt a steering lock option for you to set the sensibility.
The biggest problem I have with AC is this. The wheel on the screen turns a lot lot more than what Im actually turning on my G27 wheel.
There is a guide wizard in the Game, where you can calibrate your wheel, but even if I do that it doesn't work ok when I go to the track.
It is 1/1 wheel for me, so you probably have to adjust it in the Logitech profiler to 900 degrees as a default steering wheel rotation and if any other game is different, you can do individual game settings. Like RBR and GSC Extreme I have to change their profile to 270.

There is a guide wizard in the Game, where you can calibrate your wheel, but even if I do that it doesnt work ok when I go to the track.

It sounds like you have a different rotation set in the Logitech Profiler compared to the in-game AC rotation setting. GSC seems to work best with a wheel setting of 270 degrees and also set to 270 in-game. Assetto Corsa really works best with your wheel set to 900 degrees and also set to 900 degrees in-game. If you don't match these correctly, you won't get the proper FFB at the right wheel rotation and slip angle and I have a feeling that's why it doesn't feel right for you in AC.

I wanted to amend what I said. After reading about FFB and clipping from one of the Dev's with Reiza , I have changed my settings completely. Now my global Logitech settings for my G27 are Overall effects at %60 and the spring and damper at zero. But, to add weight to the G25/27 I added centering spring strength at 128% and now, I have more feedback from the road because the extra FFB was creating clipping, which was dulling out the precise calculations for road feel. Tried several different settings to see which felt the best, but again this is just my opinion.

So you changed the FFB steer friction coefficient back to default in the ini file?
Yes I did, wow, you were listening. lol. I lowered it 0.22500 because it was too heavy when moving at low speed after lowering the overall ffb setting to 60%. It seems to even out all the driving sims across the board. If I had an extra 750.00, I wouldn't mind getting the Thrustmaster package/w TH8, but I also reminded myself that, is the 500.00 I saved worth the trade off when you still feel the same feedback, just not as pronounced and it is still not completely realistic . Sure wish I could afford a Bodnar wheel.

Last edited:
I also adjusted some more setting besides the FFB steer friction coefficient="0.27500" in the contoller.ini, to add more feeling to road effects. These seem to work great if not already changed.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.75000"
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000"
FFB steer force output max="2.00000"
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-0.25000"
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.75000"
FFB jolt magnitude="1.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are

After driving all my sims, I feel that 140% on Centering Spring in FFB games for the G25/G27 gives it sufficient weight to the wheel for GSC 2013 only, I left global at 128 %.
Update: I felt 140% was too heavy for the Mini but just right for the Formulas, then I tried 138%, it gave me more control of the mini, but then the Formulas felt too light so I compromised with 139% for all around, so I can get used to it the way it is.

Last edited:
Well, I wanted to amend again, what I have adjusted from extensive reading, lol. I found in my realfeelplugin.ini located in your main directory, a setting that has helped even out the feel of a G27 going from a low to racing speed. The DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack I changed to -3800 from reading http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ffb-and-clipping.68497/ .I also lowered the Global device setting in the Logitech Profiler to 128%. Not sure if it's just me or it actually has changed, but I wanted to throw this out there and maybe it could help someone or they could help me.
P.S. there are other settings in the realfeelplugin.ini that you can adjust for different feel, but back up your .ini and remember that Reiza has spent a long time to make these feel right.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%