Incompatible Game Version. WTH?

T

Troy Stewart

• Troy Stewart

I am trying to join in on the Race at BRNO and when I enter the password it tells me that the game version is incompatible. WTH? Can anyone tell me what's up with that? I have the latest patch and everyadd on under the sun.

"SOF"

• Troy Stewart

I am also having problems with joining other games as well. I keep getting the message that client does not have a certain track, sometimes not even the same track that I am trying to join on to. Anyone else having this problem?

You need every track that is in the rotation now, even if its on a track you have if you dont have one of the other track that are coming up it wont let you join, it does now tell you what the track you dont have is though.

• Troy Stewart

You need every track that is in the rotation now, even if its on a track you have if you dont have one of the other track that are coming up it wont let you join, it does now tell you what the track you dont have is though.

That's funny because I have all of the tracks that it is saying that I don't have. Talk about frustrating.

• Troy Stewart

Well no sooner than I bumped this thread I figured out what my problem was. The auto update feature of one of the race server clubs I am a member of installed an online track fix for their servers and it interfered with the ablilty to join races on other servers. I uninstalled it and everything worked fine.

Here is the message I ran across on their site.
Trackfix in AutoUpdater
Since yesterday we have a fix for the original tracks in our AutoUpdater!
You need to start the Updater once and he will install the fix automatic (also if there were no new updates shown)!
It is possible to uninstall this fix under Tweaks!
Everytime you start the AutoUpdater it will check if the fix is installed! If you don't want that (in case you want to drive on other server) you can disable this fix completely in the options of the AutoUpdater!
Until you have started the updater you will get kicked from our server for cheating!
If you have any Problems please report them here !​
Last Updated ( Donnerstag, 21 Januar 2010

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%