incident reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am clearly a little taken aback by the way some incident threads have developped. It seems that a fashion I have noticed in real-life is taking root here, too: The accuser is turned into the accused. Counter videos are posted, lengthy texts in defense of one's own team are prepared, claims twisted around so artfully, it makes my hair stand on edge. Along the way, the original idea of these incident threads (teams posting the results of their in-team incident debates) gets more and more lost. Last round I was even called to fault when I posted our decision ?! Don't know about the other teams, but we take one or two days of internal discussion to post a decision and mostly leave it at that. (however I couldn't resist a short second comment both last week and this week [shame on me])

end of rant.

peace

I am standing down from my duties until the 18:02 server time on Monday, giving everyone time to make their judgements. Up until this point I will be keeping my eye on the posts and I am willing to provise any information requested.

Until this time Ian Beech and Lucas Degan will be the voice of the team. Anything they say will have my full support.

Eckhart, we are simply trying to defend ourselves. If we just sit in the quiet and take the penalty we will unfairly get 1st and 4th taken off us. Now I am doing everything fairly and not picking any arguments, just simply posting our teams case. We aren't very happy at the way we have been reported and the description given by ANE was wrong. We are just justifying that. Just me, I could be a lot worse if I really wanted to :p

OK guys, videos talk on their own, no need to make loong arguments defending or attacking, only make a decision and say a reason why. You can share it or not, but there is no need to discuss.

I agree with Ivo, but I feel that it can be helpful to understand some decisions.

For instance I know that there is quite a mixed bag in one of the incidents for Sugo and the justifications can help to understand why choices were made.

I think these discussion can help to understand a incident better. A driver should be able to defend himself via his TS. Video's don't say everything.

Also i think these discussion should be readable by all the drivers as this would increase the driving standard even more. Don't understand why its hidden. If it was up to me i would show the dessission so next time a driver would be more carefull. Or at minimum put the the result up, video + penalty.

not a good idea in my view. The more eager guys to pick over a decision, the more noise there will be with little chance of improving either the overall standard of playing (which is very high by any yardstick) or the community feeling. Don't know about you, but I can bear agrudge for a good long time, so the less said the better.

Yes I agree with Damian and Eckhart, the fact of keeping it private is the best option. Once the decision is done you can take as much info as needed to your team forum if needed, but STC forum must stay quiet and cool.

not a good idea in my view. The more eager guys to pick over a decision, the more noise there will be with little chance of improving either the overall standard of playing (which is very high by any yardstick) or the community feeling. Don't know about you, but I can bear agrudge for a good long time, so the less said the better.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Posting it on public will cause mass havoc (with more than just me ranting all the time :D) and eventually arguments etc. might break out, showing this publicly will damage the pristine reputation of the STC. So keep them private and deal with the arguments and penalties in a civilised manner and don't go out on the attack (again I apologise if I did that!)

Don't understand what is wrong in posting a incident and the consequence ? It will increase the driving standard. Do understand not positing the whole discussion, just the vid and result.

exactly, you can even have a closed thread. It is an example to anyone to see how not to do it, for example, if you post the passing before s/f line, I am sure it won't happen in the following few races.

You can post it in the briefing for the next race too, but then it is possible to discuss it ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%