TS 140
gaetano today shot very sharp!
First he shoots the C di Filippo exactly in front of my car
TS 168
then he shoots me right in the injured men Nic Rouge and Joe Isaac
Sorry guys, I could do nothing :-(

TS 132
Alex Galyutin vs Fabian Kampfmann
I was accelerating after T1. Fabian was accelerating a bit faster (because I left him room on the left not to be hit from him) and we were going side by side. Fabian lost control on accelerating for a moment, and his car swerved left and right, and touched me. I lost control and was just a passenger in my 'dancing' car. A big crash followed after that.

Almost no incidents to report [although I saw a few:)]....

At the start, the grid was a little messed up. As I was down in the back rows, I waited until Kurt ahead of me moved before I started. I had a small tap at the back, with no other other consequences apart from pushing me slowly into Kurt... All good!!!

I am very sorry Alex... I came into forum to post "no incedents to report" and I was shocked when I read your report.
I didn´t feel that I touched anybody on start but I am very sorry if it happened like you discribe it. Next time I will be
a bit more careful.
Sorry sorry sorry to everybody who was involved in the crash because of this incident.

Despite I am very disappointed, No problem Fabian!
I hope next time You will not push that hard on cold tyres. The whole race could be in front of all who were involved in that massacre.

Now I looked the replay. It was much harder than I thought. I really feel very sorry for that =( In my onboard perspective it looks like a little touch.. but I didnt count with such big negative effects

My question is, after seeing the incident, why did you move away from your inside line in the first place? In the name of safety, it was lap one and your main focus should have been to keep a neat and tidy inside lane (predictable driving). That you happened to hit Alex hard enough to create the incident was a consequence of you leaving your lane in the first place.

I do not mean to "make you suffer" or anything Fabian, everybody makes mistakes. But if we are to learn from it we need to know what went wrong. Therefore I think it is important to know why you left the inside lane (were you not aware you were doing it, did you think your outside was free, did you do it to maximise acceleration, etc etc.)

TS 135, contact with Alex

I saw Alex's car quite late and went left, I didn't brake, I thought I could shoot straight through the gap, but as I got closer the gap vanished(like an old oak table)

I think if I had had not hit Alex someone else would have, but that doesn't make it right :( I still feel bad at being one of the first links in the chain of this unfortunate incident

Jim

Jim

Timestamp 1470: I smash Gaetano's spun car. Normally I would just say this is an accident but I think there is something that can be learned here, because I almost have another 2 very very bad incidents with Gaetano at timestamp 1885, and 3030. Gaetano is a very fast driver, I've raced against him a long time and respect him, but without being prepared for the race any driver can be a danger on the grid.

My experience has taught me that in the first lap do not win the race, I prefer lose a place to avoid accident, you can overtake on next 41 laps..*I think that I am in real race and with an accident I can hurt someone, is a responsibility .. the first lap take it easy and step by step keep yor eyes on the driver in front of you to make decision very clear when is the best moment to overtake

around ts160 I had a nVidia freeze, after T5 (black screen during 5 seconds), and re-appeared in front of Joe. I think I pushed my brake pedal at that time, in order to avoid hitting a wall after the freeze, but I was in the racing line and Joe really couldn't avoid me :frown: I'm very disappointed to end someone else race like that : so much training for that! Sorry again Joe.

Almost no incidents to report [although I saw a few:)]....

At the start, the grid was a little messed up. As I was down in the back rows, I waited until Kurt ahead of me moved before I started. I had a small tap at the back, with no other other consequences apart from pushing me slowly into Kurt... All good!!!
Sorry my friend, I have slow reactions. After I knocked you, I got a small bump on the rear wheel and drove the first stint with a rather unhealthy oversteer. Thanks for the laps we did together, it was a blast, but I was too afraid of my car's odd handling to fight hard.

i also hit alex at start after 1st corner when he had already been hit a few times , i thought 1 more wouldnt hurt lol serioulsy though sos i did try and avoid was abit of a crazy start.
I think we should setup some sort of way to call for restart i did see alot of offs crashs etc and was expecting a restart but i realise that with everyone racing its hard to know whats happened unless your in the crash. Could we have a spectator just for 1st lap or 2 ? or would this affect maximum connections.
I think near half the grid were in a incident at start of this race, if we knew say, type 'restart' then would have and then seeing multiple messages restart with enough names saying it someone can make the decision.

No incidents to report :)

I think we should setup some sort of way to call for restart...

Even though I absolutely understand your wish, I don't see a realistic way to realise that. Where to draw the boarder? When is a restart ok and when not? And I see the danger, that a restart option could lead us backwards to more risky driving.

The only solution can be to keep safety on the highest possible level. I think we are on a very good way but single mistakes can ever happen and if we are very unlucky it results in a chain reaction.

BUT: Chain reactions are most likely to happen in the first lap because of driving in a bunch of cars. So the risk anyone dares to take, should be as low as possible. Like Vincenzo said: Better loose a position instead of risking a contact. The race is driven afterwards.

That's why I highly recommend everyone to do some "first lap tests" before every event. It's not a big thing to load the race setup, go to the start with some AI cars and do the first lap. I repeat this procedure 5-10 times. Then I have an idea how the car handles with cold tires and brakes and as a side effect I refreshed my sences for accelerating from the line.....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back