Incident Report Season 6 -Nurburgring

here is my incident report for nurburgring.....

ts 1767.64 incident with Christian Ramlow

Christian was very close behind me for a lap or two and was alot faster, i realised this and left him room on the entry to the corner, but he backed off so i moved back over to the racing line, Christian tried to shoot past on the outside at this point and contacts my left rear wheel, taking me off the track and damaging my suspension.

ts 1829.26 incident with Per Anderson

just after the incident with Christian, suffering from broken rear suspension i had a moment at the chicane and spun slightly on exit, i rejoined the track and let one car threw but failed to see Per in time, i touched his right rear wheel slightly but enough to send him into the gravel in a spin, i stopped at the side of the track and waited for him, like Per i lost a couple positions at this but i was definatly at fault for this one, sorry Per.

the end

I've been away from my home PC, so couldn't watch the replay. I'm sorry for late report. So here it is:

TS 840.00
Alex Galyutin vs Cristian Di Filippo
We are entering 'Schumacher S' side by side. Left hander is ok, but closing to right hander Cristian is sending me off the track. I think it's a racing accident, maybe I was a bit over optimistic.

TS 850.00
Alex Galyutin vs Peter Marshall
Peter is struggling at Kumho and is sliding wide. I try to overtake him before the next corner, but he is taking back the racing line, and I touch him from the rear. My fault, I guess. I should stay calm being behind an unpredictable car.

You excuse for the delay but i didn't have avaible the replay because when the competitionis end i have lost the connection.
My accidens:hehehe Mark i was in 3 position to the by and after 200 meters i was in 10 position but not problem it happens luckily also to the best,my car is not damaged i m sorry for you.
Jim TS 413 I has touched you braked before me i arrived long and i have touched you sry
Jim TS 566 touched slightly i don't know if you have felt samething i tired to take you the wake :)
Alexn TS 840 I'm sorry but you have wanted to hold the foot on the accelerator in that curve to the maximum speed it is only us an car in trajectory i was in front of you all entry of the curve and i was battling with Jim and Peter;i had to hold that trajectory not to out street.

hey guys. i cant make an report.
i had a really big pc crash.. i lost all my gtr stuff.. replays setups... cant play gtr at the moment ....have a new pc now...

i remember all my incedents are in lap 16-17 --- all are my fault

i hope i can make the race at fpps saturday

No incident to report.
I crashed because of problems with my internet and my wheel.
I didnt want to hit someone. With my laggs I was too dangerous and couldnt drive
savely so I gave up.
Can´t play at the moment too because I need a new wheel and have to wait for some money =(

Good luck for Imola to everybody!

Will be on track again in about 2 weeks!

See you

Fabian

hey guys. i cant make an report.
i had a really big pc crash.. i lost all my gtr stuff.. replays setups... cant play gtr at the moment ....have a new pc now...

i remember all my incedents are in lap 16-17 --- all are my fault

The replay is availeble whrough the PrestoGP Updater. It is important that you review it. It seemed to me that Kurt had the race of his life in 8th place until it came to a sudden end. That alone is reason enough to watch it again and again until one knows what went wrong and how to avoid it happening again.

ts 1607
Christian vs Kurt

Christian gets too close to Kurt's rear in the entry of Bit (turn 12) and sends him into a spin. He waits for a few seconds for Kurt before he decides to continue his race 5 places down. Kurt had a slower approach to bit than usual due to the car ahead of him loosing control and spinning across the track, but this is obviously predictable. Christians should have shown extra causion when he saw the yellow car ahead spin across the track. Christians fault.

ts 1772
Christian vs David T

Christian is fighting David side by side but Chris is loosing out at the approch to the Ford-turn (turn 7). David moves to the edge of the track (to prepare for the turn entry) as Christian tries to go on his outside. A classic case of both being a bit uncarefull. Christian should have pulled out of the fight moments before and David should have left room as it seems unlikely he had control on Christians exact whereabouts (Christian remained in his blind zone until perhaps a millisecond before impact. 50/50 blame (or maybe 60/40 Chris/David... not important).

You excuse for the delay but i didn't have avaible the replay because when the competitionis end i have lost the connection.
My accidens:hehehe Mark i was in 3 position to the by and after 200 meters i was in 10 position but not problem it happens luckily also to the best,my car is not damaged i m sorry for you.
Jim TS 413 I has touched you braked before me i arrived long and i have touched you sry
Jim TS 566 touched slightly i don't know if you have felt samething i tired to take you the wake :)
Alexn TS 840 I'm sorry but you have wanted to hold the foot on the accelerator in that curve to the maximum speed it is only us an car in trajectory i was in front of you all entry of the curve and i was battling with Jim and Peter;i had to hold that trajectory not to out street.

TS419
Cristian vs Jim
Christian is 0,4 behind Jim and goes for t1 at max speed (braking at very last moments. Jim has a more gentle approach. Outcome, Christian; rear ending. Christians mistake. Be more carefull, use safety margins!

TS 840

Cristian vs Alex

They enter the Schumacher S side by side. Half way through Cristian claims the racing line and pushes Alex off the track (who is still side by side with him). This is 100% Cristian's mistake. You need to leave room for Alex and adjust your speed accordingly. It is very doable, you just have to accept you are now batteling Alex and not Jim.

The replay is availeble whrough the PrestoGP Updater. It is important that you review it. It seemed to me that Kurt had the race of his life in 8th place until it came to a sudden end. That alone is reason enough to watch it again and again until one knows what went wrong and how to avoid it happening again.

ts 1607
Christian vs Kurt

Christian gets too close to Kurt's rear in the entry of Bit (turn 12) and sends him into a spin. He waits for a few seconds for Kurt before he decides to continue his race 5 places down. Kurt had a slower approach to bit than usual due to the car ahead of him loosing control and spinning across the track, but this is obviously predictable. Christians should have shown extra causion when he saw the yellow car ahead spin across the track. Christians fault.

ts 1772
Christian vs David T

Christian is fighting David side by side but Chris is loosing out at the approch to the Ford-turn (turn 7). David moves to the edge of the track (to prepare for the turn entry) as Christian tries to go on his outside. A classic case of both being a bit uncarefull. Christian should have pulled out of the fight moments before and David should have left room as it seems unlikely he had control on Christians exact whereabouts (Christian remained in his blind zone until perhaps a millisecond before impact. 50/50 blame (or maybe 60/40 Chris/David... not important).

thanks ... but i sayd "i cant play gtr evo atm. w8ting 4 my new graphic crad .. and on my laptop doesnt work it . sry

TS419
Cristian vs Jim
Christian is 0,4 behind Jim and goes for t1 at max speed (braking at very last moments. Jim has a more gentle approach. Outcome, Christian; rear ending. Christians mistake. Be more carefull, use safety margins!

I've done a bit of investigation comparing peoples speed at that exact same point on laps 3 and 4 and it seems I was a little slow at that point (10 red n white curb stones from the corner) on that lap

My speed on that lap (4) was 61mph compared to Cristians 81mph, Valter clocked in at 76mph (go Valter:)), Nico at 68mph and Reik at 72

Alex G was at 80mph but still made the apex nicely, I've always beleived I was quite good on the brakes, but apparently not on that lap:snail:, SORRY CRISTIAN

Can I book in for some braking lessons please Alex?:wink:

Jim

My speed on that lap (4) was 61mph compared to Cristians 81mph, Valter clocked in at 76mph (go Valter:)), Nico at 68mph and Reik at 72

Alex G was at 80mph but still made the apex nicely, I've always beleived I was quite good on the brakes, but apparently not on that lap:snail:, SORRY CRISTIAN
Jim

Nice investigation Jim. However, I feel that the distance to the car ahead is relevant to the above data. The closer you are to the car ahead, the earlier you need to brake (the lower the entry speed). Braking at the very last point will in most cases not allow you to avoid hitting the car ahead of you if he brakes early.

I use my coasting approach if I am in traffic -> low entry speed, and at lap 3 and 4 I would expect a lot of cars being in traffic.

I have not checked the situation for Jim (61mp), Cristians (81mph), Valter (76mph) Nico (68mph) Reik (72mph) and Alex G (80mph), but it seems to me that a entry speed of 80mph does not allow any safety margins if somebody are close ahead (<0,6sec). Ofcourse, if nobody are ahead of you but you are closely followed, it will be the opposite, a high entry speed will be the safest way to go to help avoid an incident.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back