In pursuit of the most realistic FOV in SimRacing!

Hello Conan,

I have tried mathematically correct FOV in Assetto Corsa according to a Steam guide and I could not drive at all. Well, I use a single small 23" screen, that's it. So I doubled the value (it is still quite "zoomed" compared to the default) and race happily after. Moreover I drive from a bonnet view to have a decent sense of speed. Is it a sin? I miss the detailed cockpits very much but the sense of speed is even more important to me.

I am looking forward to hearing about other people's setups.
Thank you for the video.

I`m single (and will be) screener .. so for me there is always compromise between corect FOV and loose of pheripheral vision+sense of speed .. correct proportions, curve shapes, elevations, distances are more important for me .. years ago it took me only few laps to settle with correct FOV and since than I can`t drive any other way .. so 23" screen, 33 FOV and i`m happy panda .. my situational awardness is not suffering or at least not causing any problems and most sims have reasonable sense of speed I get used to ...

Driving in bonet view (in sims with crazy high FOV on it (AC) ) is not usable for me, but it is not sin to use it, sin is that FOV setup for every camera (or at least unified cockpit and bonet view) is not standard feature in every sim ..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back