DiRT Rally In-Game Steering Wheel Rotation

• Thread starter Deleted member 130869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 130869

• Deleted member 130869

Hey guys, I just got this and this morning was trying to configure the game for a quick spin before work. Well, after the hassle of discovering the clutch pedal issue, I load a stage only to see my driver's arms moving like in iRacing, within a 90º range.

Is this a setting on my end or is still a game issue? Can I resolve it locally? If not, will removing the driver's arms fix the steering rotation (like iR)?

Thanks. I really want to like this. I know it's an easier sim style of racing (Race 07 mixed with pCARS) but we don't have good, current-ish rally options.

It's something that is a feature in the game atm. and no timeline for that to change has been offered as of yet.
Codies did mention that it is not easy to make the arms move full 900degree rotation, but they are contemplating to having options for removing the arms and having full rotation virtual wheel only.
Personally I think they should do that and then have option to remove the whole steering wheel, but we'll see how it goes.

I have my rig setup so that I have 1:1 ratio with the virtual wheel and my wheel covers it so I dont even see it, but I do get that it can be distracting if it's not moving as it should.

I don't get how they struggle to make the hands work with 900 degree rotation. Lot's of other games manage that..
It's not that they're struggling, it's just that it takes alot of work to make the animations look correct and they've got more important things to do at the moment.

An option to remove the hands and / or wheel would do the trick for now and would be a lot less work for the team at this early stage.

Just remove them both, steering wheel and hands!! I mean, who needs those animations? Really!? We have our own steering wheel and our hands right in front of our noses, so where do we need these stupid animations!? Those just disturbs the driving!

This ^^^^^^^
Completely spoils any sim to have a wheel in your hands and then another one on screen. And even worse if you can see hands or arms. I really dont understand why any one would want two wheels and a second pair of arms in view. Might as well drive from 3rd person view as far as realism goes and stick to arcade games.

Last edited:
I saw that with the latest update it is possible to hide the arms, or even the wheel.
But, even if you hide the arms, the wheel do not match my G27, it is still steering only 180° or so. Does anyone know how to change that?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%