in game screen

Hi guys

Forgive me for the stupid question but im new to AC - absolutely loving it so far apart from one thing.

Ive turned up all of the settings (at least i think i have lol) and everything seems to run fine but when i go on the track some of the screen is cut off. The positions for example at the bottom of the screen are half cut off as well as the sides and also the top of the screen - i can see when someone leaves the game but there is more writing above this that i cant see.

Any ideas?

rps20141228_201905.jpg
Please post some screenshots to better illustrate your issue - in the game (pitbox/drive) and your video settings.
What is your monitor resolution?

Forgive me for the stupid question but im new to AC - absolutely loving it so far apart from one thing.

Ive turned up all of the settings (at least i think i have lol) and everything seems to run fine but when i go on the track some of the screen is cut off. The positions for example at the bottom of the screen are half cut off as well as the sides and also the top of the screen - i can see when someone leaves the game but there is more writing above this that i cant see.

Any ideas?

Hi Rob

Does this happen in other games as well?
I used to have one of the first Samsung 46" 1080p TV's when they came out (2007) and this TV had very similair Overscan problem in all my games just like the picture you posted. Hopefully your TV can adjust the overscan settings to fit the screen. Mine back then couldn't.. Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, ideally you want to put your TV into 1:1 pixel mapping mode. Different brands call it by different names such as PC mode, Game mode, Just Scan etc. These modes will give you no overscan. Then set AC to use the native resolution of the TV i.e 1920 x 1080 if it's a 1080p TV.

If it's a really old TV without such a mode, you'll have to make the adjustment in the drivers as mentioned above.

Worth a try, scaling or size adjustment:
View attachment 76279

I have a similar problem, my right side TV displays a little bit larger than the other two so some things don't line up right. I've tried using the scaling option you posted, but once I activate Surround it switches the reduced display to the center screen. I've tried everything I can think of but it always ends up shrinking the center screen after I activate Surround. Drives me nuts but I just have to live with it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%